Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Director of Digital Content
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
WXIA, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for a Director of Digital Content who will serve as a member of the 11Alive management team and spearhead the creation and publication of engaging, compelling content across digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms.
This includes, but is not limited to, breaking news coverage, special project content, franchise support, social media, text/email updates/alerts/contests, and various digital revenue products available to our audience on 11alive.com, mobile apps, social and voice platforms.
The visionary news leader will work closely with the News Director to prioritize and set short and long-term goals and serve as primary liaison for digital sales and marketing project implementation. This person will play a key role in charting the station’s digital content and growth strategy.
The ideal candidate must have an eye for detail, love to lead and provide feedback to a team hungry to win.
In this role, you will:
• Oversee daily newsgathering team, which includes managing editor of newsgathering, breaking news manager and multiplatform producers
• Manage the digital content team in both news and programming and lead digital strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement
• Be the voice of innovation in the newsroom and inspire others to follow your lead
• Promote inclusive journalism on all platforms
• Lead our content teams to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms with storytelling that is optimized for each screen
• Analyze and actively use data and metrics to make informed editorial and strategic decisions and to create accountability for results
• Actively partner with the news director, marketing director, and local programming director to create three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around station content and campaigns
• Oversee all station efforts in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and other emerging platforms
• Lead the content team in identifying new content types and innovative technologies that help us reach and serve new audiences
• Create unique, engaging and shareable content
• Be a resource for Sales in its content generation and digital sponsorship efforts
• Teach, coach, and mentor our content teams in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
• Collaborate with content leaders across TEGNA to maximize the sharing of our content and to leverage innovation and best practices among stations
• Hold newsroom employees accountable to TEGNA’s ethical and editorial standards
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
Here’s what you need:
Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications or equivalent experience in the field
7-10 years of content experience, including at least 2-3 years managing other digital journalists
Solid journalistic judgment and a news philosophy that emphasizes accurate, fair and unique local content, along with community engagement
A deep understanding of SEO best practices for articles, images and video
Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and keep up with the rapid pace of news
Knowledge of online CMS and news production systems along with social newsgathering tools like CrowdTangle and Social News Desk
Experience analyzing audience data and identifying behavioral trends. Chartbeat and Google Analytics experience, a must
Passion and vision for emerging media
Strong organizational, leadership and communication skills
Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Familiarity with Atlanta and/or a reason to relocate here, a plus
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.