Media – Journalism – Newspaper
Digital Executive Producer
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
WXIA, TEGNA’s NBC affiliate in Atlanta, is searching for an experienced, creative, and motivated Digital Executive Producer to help lead the day-to-day editorial production across 11Alive’s digital, mobile, app, OTT and social media platforms.
If you thrive in a fast-paced environment and have a keen eye for accuracy and detail and can lead a team of digital journalists, this could be a great opportunity for you. The ideal candidate is a journalist and people leader with an eye for detail and great content.
This position will help guide editorial decision-making across, managing a team of digital content producers on strategy and partnering with journalists across the newsroom to make the best possible product. As a newsroom leader, the Digital Executive Producer will have a voice in editorial and leadership meetings
• Works with the news digital team and digital management to coordinate daily news – oversees digital efforts: story selection, writing and copy editing, distribution, live streaming.
• Guide the editorial process for the digital team through prioritizing tasks, making story assignments, copy editing and training staff.
• Collaborates across workgroups to create daily content, original digital content and special projects focused on rich, interactive digital experiences
• Helps lead the newsroom editorial meetings to make decisions based on social listening, digital data and live metrics.
• Aggressively covers breaking news for digital/social platforms through articles, videos, breaking news alerts, live streams and social media.
• Comfortable in a fast-paced newsroom environment and an excellent multitasker
• Champions original, digital-first content production for 11Alive’s platforms
• Guides team members on where and how to find story ideas and information, including how to use metrics and social listening to be audience focused
• Trains newsroom on best digital practices – including SEO and headline writing – to create engaging content that is specific to platforms.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
• Be a journalist
Minimum 3 years producing digital and social content in a newsroom
• 2 years of experience in a leadership position
• Skilled copy editor
• Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
• Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Studio, etc.
• Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML and live stream technology
• Strong understanding of all social media platforms and how they contribute to overall success
• Keen interest in emerging digital trends and evolving consumption habits
• BS/BA in related field – journalism, communications, broadcast, digital media
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.