WSAV-TV in beautiful Savannah, GA is looking for an experienced Broadcast Engineer. The successful candidate will work under the direction of the Chief Engineer to provide preventative maintenance and emergency repairs of the television broadcast equipment, including but not limited to switchers, cameras, pedestals, ENG equipment, servers, satellite equipment, as well as assist with IT and telecom equipment. Candidate will need to have at least 2 years experience in a TV or Radio station with knowledge of mechanical and electronic repairs. Must be able to successfully troubleshoot under pressure.
Savannah – 31404
- Technical degree in electronics or broadcasting, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and at least 2 years work/military related experience
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable driving record and ability to obtain a DOT medical certificate
- Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Able to lift 50+ lbs
- Experience with fiber connectivity, production setups, A/V routing and patching, audio equipment, graphics systems and editing systems
- Strong PC / MS Office experience preferred
- Ability to use a variety of tools
- Transmitter maintenance experience, component level repairs, formal or military electronics training and SBE certifications a plus, but not required.
Physical Demands & Work Environment
The Broadcast Engineer must be able to sit, reach, conduct telephone conversations, use e-mail, write letters/memos/instructions, make decisions without supervision, make decisions that impact the results of co-workers, work indoors and outdoors, pull cables through the ceiling and/or floor and communicate with viewers. In addition, the Broadcast Engineer must be able to handle, control or feel objects, tools or controls. Repetitive movements are required.
- Maintains all broadcast technology and equipment for the station
- Installs and tests new systems and technical infrastructure for the station
- Minimized service interruptions at times of equipment and/or system failure by rapidly identifying and implementing solutions
- Sets up and operates equipment and transmission links during outside broadcasts
- Communicates with fellow members of the engineering team and other departments to effectively resolve equipment and system issues
- Purchase and maintain inventory of spare parts and supplies
- Must be able to work outside of normal business hours, including mornings, nights, weekend and holidays.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Females/Veterans
Background Screen Required
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL: www.nexstar.tv/careers
Job Req #: 9781
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.