Director of Sales
WSAV Savannah Market 90, a Nexstar Broadcasting station with four video streams of NBC, The CW, a MyNet and MeTV combo, LAFF TV, and a digital business encompassing WSAV.com, a leading local website, and HYFN Local, a digital media services company providing the latest and leading digital marketing solutions, seeks a Director of Sales.
This is a rare opportunity to join a solid performing station with immediate and significant growth continuation expectations. WSAV has enjoyed meaningful success and is poised for more. The right candidate will have a commitment to winning by developing and implementing solid strategic plans from an overall department plan down to account by account strategies. The qualified candidate will be experienced in the broadcast sales manager roll and bring a history of sustained success.
The Savannah Market is beautiful and a great place to live, work and play. Southern climate, quality healthcare options, affordable housing, and family friendly aspects of the market make Savannah a great place to live. Strong military bases, a vibrant Sea Port, world class manufacturing, tourism, and higher education make for a consistent local growth economy in which to work. Beaches, golf (Hilton Head Island), local restaurants, historical locations, rivers, and more events to name, make the Savannah Market a wonderful place to play.
Savannah – 31404
The Director of Sales oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales teams.
• Makes decisions regarding hiring, evaluation, promotion and termination of employees.
• Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, digital and new product revenue.
• Drives new business development.
• Manages inventory and revenue forecasting.
• Manages recruitment and development of talented sales professionals.
• Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures.
• Resolves customer complaints regarding sales and service.
• Plans and directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
• Determines inventory, pricing and discount rates.
• Creates and reviews operational records and reports to project sales and determine profitability.
• Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
A Background Screening to include a MVR is required
Equal Opportunity Employer Females/Veterans/Disabled/Minorities
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL:
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.