Production Operations Manager
WRBL – TV3 Columbus Georgia is looking to hire a television Production Operations Manager.
The Production Operations Manager is responsible for providing timely technical operations support and management oversight for news broadcasts and other live and recorded programs.
• Manages all aspects of the Production Operations Department
• Directs 1-2 Newscasts per day
• Plans and manages staffing, training, and performance evaluations for the Production Operations Department, including Control Room and Studio (non-talent) personnel
• Insures that staffing levels are cost effective and enough to meet the needs of the station
• Monitors broadcasts to ensure that programs conform to station quality standards, policies and regulations
• Manages the use of studio and editing resources
• Trains employees in the use of equipment such as switchers, cameras, monitors, microphones, and lights
• Assigns projects to staff and verifies that deadlines are being met
• Performs various production duties when necessitated by employee absence or other exigent circumstances
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Columbus – 31901
Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance
Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills
Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment
Experience with broadcast equipment and production environments, including cameras, control boards, audio equipment and editing systems.
Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Minimum five years’ experience with digital electronics systems in a television broadcasting environment
Apply online at: https://nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/nexstar
Apply Online URL:
Job Req #:
***** EOE/MINORITIES/FEMALES/VETERANS/DISABLED *****
To apply for this job please visit nexstar.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.