WGCL-TV, a Meredith Corporation station, is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated candidate for our Photojournalist. This role is responsible for capturing the visuals of news stories and editing . Work performed is for all media platforms and initiatives, including for example: on-air, web, digital and social media. This role may also include the operation of the station’s SNG and ENG trucks. A link to view work samples is required for consideration.
Essential Job Functions | Accountabilities, Actions and Expected Measurable Results
60% Function as staff photographer; shoots and edits video of daily general assignments and spot news stories.
15% Utilize existing technology to enhance story coverage.
15% Operate ENG and SNG Vehicles and related broadcast equipment.
10% Maintain related technical equipment in working order.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Date Posted: 6/22/2021
Closing Date: 7/22/2021
City: Atlanta – 30318
Experience: Minimum of three years experience in television news photography preferably in a top 50 market, live ENG microwave truck operations and non linear editing experience. NPPA Workshop and SNG Operations experience is a plus.
Education: Minimum – High School diploma or GED required. Technical or vocational degree or two years of college preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Good working knowledge of digital broadcast systems operations and broadcast system interconnection.
- Operation of large vehicles and knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Possess good eye-hand coordination.
- Have a valid Driver’s License with excellent driving history. Must have good navigational skills.
- Able to work well under time constraints of news operation and be a good ambassador for the station at all times.
- Ability to work under pressure in a rapidly changing news environment.
- Must be able to make decisions quickly and accurately while coping with stress, resulting from a variety of circumstances.
% Travel Required (Approximate): 80-90% local and/or regional travel
Additional Information: Ref. JR10164
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team. Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.