WGCL-TV, a Meredith Corporation station, is in search of a highly-qualified, motivated candidate to fill the Multimedia Journalist (MMJ) position.
The MMJ gathers news for broadcast, web and other platforms of the future. The incumbent shoots, writes and edits stories. In addition, the MMJ:
- Appears on-air and coordinates live shots.
- Collaborates with assignment desk, producers and managers on story development.
- Writes daily content for the website.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
20% – Coordinates story generation and source development.
20% – Shoots stories.
30% – Writes/edits.
30% – Appears live on-air.
Experience: 3-5 years of experience in multi-markets preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or related field
Specific Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong storytelling skills.
- Capable of being demonstrative.
- Ability to provide active stand-ups and live shots.
- Ability to enterprise hard news stories on a daily basis.
- Skilled in infusing investigative elements into reports.
- Strong writing, editing and shooting skills.
- Good news gathering skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment.
- Strong on-air presence.
- Must possess a valid Driver’s license.
Contact: We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: http://www.meredith.com/viewjobopenings
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit meredith.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.