Master Control/Hub Operator
This position works from WGCL, a Gray Television station in Midtown Atlanta – a great place to work, shop, or live.
The Master Control/Hub Operator monitors the on-air signal of multiple television stations and uses automation for prerecorded programming as well as traditional live on-air switching. This position also performs ingest duties, preps syndicated and local programs, as well as commercials and promos as needed.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
70% – Operates technical hardware and systems related to on-air operations. Monitors on-air signal of multiple television stations and switches sources to air using Harris Automation as well as a manual master control switcher. Records satellite feeds and ingests programs, promos, and commercials into play out servers. Video editing as required.
15% – Documents on air operations through logs and reports including recording transmitter readings and writing discrepancy and shift reports.
10% – Communicates issues and problems to management and other personnel at local and remote facilities to ensure all material is ready for air.
5% – Participates in projects and special assignments as requested by management.
Atlanta – 30318
At least 3 years of successful experience in a broadcast television station master control or operational/technical department is required.
– Experience providing master control/operational support to multiple stations is highly preferred.
– Experience with Harris Automation is highly preferred.
Education: College Degree or Technical Diploma preferred
Specific Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
– Must be able to work flexible, varying shift schedules as needed including early mornings, overnights, and weekends.
– Ability to adhere to strict deadlines and complete work assignments in an accurate and timely manner.
– Must be adaptable and flexible with the ability to shift focus on new priorities.
– Good interpersonal skills.
– Good verbal and written communication skills.
– Must be team oriented and have had past successful experience working in a team environment.
– Must have good organizational and time management skills.
– Must be able to follow directions and dependably complete work assignments.
– Must be technologically proficient.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.