Broadcast Systems Engineer
Provides support for local tv stations and master control hub with broadcast/news and production systems along with assists and trains operators. Performs troubleshooting of hardware and software problems on all Broadcast equipment. Provides prompt service in support of daily News Department operations and other station departments. Performs preventative maintenance as appropriate on equipment. Installs, updates, and documents needed equipment changes to support operational requirements of facility. Respond to, communicate, manage, and track on-air technical issues as they arise in a live 24/7 production environment with the appropriate sense of urgency. Collaborate with engineering management to identify technical needs, design workflows/systems, and implement solutions. Follow station, company and industry standard for installation and documentation of new systems.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references
Atlanta – 30318
Five years of experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production facility preferred.
– Associates degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience.
– Five years of experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production facility preferred.
– Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
– Ability to prioritize and make changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure all while managing multiple projects.
– Ability to communicate efficiently with varying disciplines and personalities
– Strong technical troubleshooting skills and the ability to articulate the troubleshooting process to peers
– Strong IT knowledge of computer networking, hardware and software maintenance, and virtual computing platforms is required.
– Comprehensive understanding of production workflows in television – operational familiarity with multiple NRCS, NLE, and automation platforms.
– Desire to learn and evaluate new technologies, systems, and workflows.
– Willingness and ability to work a flexible schedule to include nights, weekends, holidays, and on-call in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
– Ability to travel to remote broadcast sites, as needed.
– Understanding of the requirements of a 24/7/365 live news operation.
– RF knowledge is a plus.
– Good driving record.
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at:
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.