Website WFXG FOX 54
WFXG Fox 54 in Augusta, Georgia, is searching for an experienced journalist to anchor assigned newscasts.
Anchors here are leaders in the newsroom, relying on their news judgment and experience. We need someone who will plug-in to our community, a person who is enterprising and creates compelling news stories and live shots. Our anchors also help mentor young producers and reporters.
Our anchors also fill-in produce and associate produce daily. Reporting duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will also be social media savvy and ready to be part of station events and promotional efforts. The individual who fills this position will play an important role in the long-term growth and success of WFXG Fox 54.
- BA/BS in journalism, Communications or a related field
- 2-5 years experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- A portfolio with examples of strong breaking news reporting
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots, strong social media skills, including an active news hound presence on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter
- Knowledge of ENPS, LiveU, Frankly and Edius a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Qualified applicants, please apply directly to Denise Vickers, General Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference NewsJobsWFXG in the subject line and attached your resume and links to your work.
Augusta TV LLC, WFXG Fox 54 is a proud member of the Lockwood Broadcast Group. Pre-employment drug screen, driving record, and background check required. No phone calls please.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
To apply for this job email your details to DVickers@wfxg.com