The Sr. Network Engineer role is a member of the Media & Business Technology team that will support the Business and Multiplatform infrastructure. The Sr. Network Engineer will design and work with the Systems and Broadcast Engineers to redesign the current network infrastructure that will incorporate Radio, TV and digital to support new Next-Gen broadcasting systems.
- Oversee workflow involved in maintaining the company enterprise network, network performance monitoring, and optimizing overall network health, and security.
- Architect and implement network enterprise topology to collaborate Radio, TV, and the business network structure.
- Designing and implementing new network solutions and/or improving the efficiency of current networks.
- Installing, configuring, and supporting network equipment including firewalls, switches, and routers.
- Drive networking backbone operations strategy for utilizing Next-Gen technologies in media and business.
- Collaborate with engineers to develop standard operating procedures.
- Tier 3 support to Systems Engineers to design and support Microsoft Azure, Amazon AWS, virtual and cloud-based systems.
- Collaborate with engineers and vendors to design, implement, and maintain backup and disaster recovery plan.
- Conduct vendor assessments on performance, value vs cost, and service.
- Conduct vendor research, reports, and recommendations.
- As part of financial management, this role will process applicable check requests, monitor invoicing against services provided and RFP’s.
- Prepare documentation along with network design drawings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or adequate work experience.
- Minimum 8 years of computer network engineering.
- Aspire to learn new technologies and excited around the advancements in technology.
- Ability to plan strategically, lead and be innovative.
- Strong presenting skills and excellent verbal and written skills.
- Highly motivated, team-oriented, and ability to be a self-starter.
- Proficient in coaching including the ability to lead and inspire peers and direct reports.
- CCNA, CWNP and other related networking certifications are required.
- Demonstrate planning, organizational, and financial planning skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Technological curiosity and improvement-oriented approach
- Occasional evenings and weekends are required, particularly during pledge periods.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Online @: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org