OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
The Assistant News Director leads daily news gathering and content presentation across all platforms. The Assistant News Director has direct supervision over Executive Producers and their teams and is responsible for producing dynamic, compelling newscasts. The Assistant News Director is also responsible for special event planning, leads specials production and other projects as assigned.
- Demonstrates strong editorial judgment
- Manages overall look and editorial content of daily newscasts
- Leads daily coverage planning along with Managing Editor
- Reviews newscasts to ensure objectives are attained
- Must execute branding initiatives across all platforms
- Works with Digital Content Manager to reach online and social media goals
- Manages special events, severe weather coverage, and planning and production for key ratings periods
- Coordinates with Unit Manager on staff scheduling
- Reports to work to assist with newscasts during times of severe weather conditions or breaking news
- Develops and executes strategic planning for the News Department in conjunction with the Vice President/News Director
- Undertakes other production and supervisory tasks as directed by the Vice
- President/News Director
- Meets all scheduling and broadcast deadlines
- Skilled in writing conversational broadcast copy incorporating appropriate visual elements under daily deadline pressure
- Ability to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure. Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Is a dynamic, aggressive, positive leader
- Must be organized with a strong attention to detail
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Must communicate clearly and deal effectively/politely with the public in person and over the phone
A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university journalism or related field preferred. Five years of experience in a commercial news station required. Three years of newsroom management experience preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.