FOX 5 Atlanta is hiring a Marketing Coordinator to complete our dynamic creative team! Reporting to the VP of Creative Services, the Marketing Coordinator acts as a key communicator, organizer, and creative contributor to our station’s promotional campaigns and special projects.
If you enjoy the payoff of seeing a project through from start to finish, this is the job for you. We’re looking for a forward-thinking creative with a knack for organization — someone who notices every detail, but knows the value in big-picture thinking. A positive outlook and a determined mindset are assets to this position.
An ideal candidate can maintain important relationships ranging from the news room to the edit suite. They can communicate complex topics to key players, and find simple solutions. They can thrive in a team setting and achieve greatness as a self-starter. If this sounds like you, we’d love to see your resume!
The Marketing Coordinator manages the creative processes and administrative logistics for giveaway promotions, community affairs partnerships, Creative Services projects, and the “Like It or Not” digital series, while also acting as a key point-person between internal departments.
- Brainstorms, writes, and produces promotional campaigns in partnership with Creative Services producers
- Tracks all Creative Services projects on key calendars and departmental planning documents
- Manages communications, approvals, graphics planning, production, and post-production for “Like It or Not” digital editorial series
- Oversees creative direction and controls content quality for “Like It or Not” digital editorial series
- Crafts effective promotional copy for on-air spots, in-news mentions, social posts, and graphic assets
- Manages station and client-sponsored giveaway promotions from ideation to completion
- Writes proposals, contracts, rules, releases, and logistics for all promotions in accordance with legal and financial requirements
- Fulfills all prizes to contest winners while collaborating with the Finance department to coordinate release forms, tax documents, and shipping labels
- Keeps detailed records, and maintains the appropriate tracking and reference documents for all projects
- Serves as the main contact with in-house network attorney for all legal elements and approvals
- Coordinates promotion logistics with sales, news, production, legal, finance, and talent
- Communicates promotional expectations and logistics effectively to producers within Creative Services
- Drafts detailed graphics requests and assures specifications are met in all visual promotional elements
- Assists with and contributes to Creative Services projects, such as quarterly station promotions and special programming
- Sends weekly update emails to keep “Like It or Not” contributors and Creative Services projects on track
- Works with Community Affairs Director in coordinating and executing station community initiatives
- Maintains relationships with station nonprofit partners
- Coordinates, prepares, and submits logo license requests for all station partnerships
- Coordinates, executes, and maintains FOX network promotions
- Creates promotional campaigns for annual shows and events, and follows-up with post analysis
- Executes all promotional event activations (when health and safety protocol allows)
- Sets up and maintains station booth for all trade shows and events (when health and safety protocol allows)
- Performs site shoots when necessary
- Orders all station premiums and merchandise, and maintains prize closet
- Well-organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to work well under daily deadline pressure and prioritize effectively
- Gifted communicator with a desire to form and maintain relationships
- Proficiency in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Deep knowledge of television and social media with a passion for creativity and innovation
- Fast-learner that is proficient with technology
- A Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university preferred in broadcast journalism, communications, media marketing or related field. Creative and/or sales promotion experience preferred.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.