We’re looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, reliable, results and detailed oriented person who demonstrates the drive to achieve. Responsibilities involve a variety of tasks including, but not limited to strong analytical skills, ability to evaluate appropriate information/data, must be able to manage multiple processes and be organized. Is require to show good judgment and critical thinking aptitudes. This position requires precise attention to detail, capable of interpreting and following specific instructions. Strong communications skills furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Must maintain a positive working relationship with
internal departments and embrace teamwork by taking the initiative. Interpersonal skills are required. Display the ability to handle stressful situations. Assist in the workflow of others to meet deadlines. This position will work under the supervision of the Traffic & Operation Managers. Radio & TV Operations is a 24 hour a day department. After hours work may be necessary at times. Will deputize for manager during leave time.
• Prepare, edit, print and assemble daily program logs. ; Process contracts and copy
and enter information into traffic database.
• Communicate with Account Executives regarding underwriting copy and
• Schedule underwriters (commercials) on the daily program logs and maintain a
library report to give notification to AE’s when copy is due.
• Assists in the process in which copy gets recorded and entered into the traffic and
• Daily reconciliation by way of re-adding actual play-back time.
• Working with programming, operations and other staff to ensure daily, monthly or
quarterly changes are reflected in traffic database and on printed program logs.
• Ingest audio files into ENCO system and listening/verifying spots for accuracy.
• Maintain a monthly library purge.
• Deleting expired cut numbers out of the system.
• Run various reports to check for accuracy. (Product separation, expired copy, etc.)
Receive audio from various sources and transfer to ENCO.
• Assign media cut numbers to audio files. Basic clerical functions such as: Maintain
contract and log files, filing orders and billing preparation.
• Any other duties assigned by Mangers.
• Schedule weekly, daily and monthly promos plus any other interstitials needed.
Maintain program related information announcers need for air shifts. Download
weekly/daily promos from various websites. Add tags, audio clips and cut numbers
to in-house promos. Adjust audio levels to our specifications.
• Add and process NPR Program Formats/Clocks to Allegiance Software. Cast out
special programming. Notify and/or act on any program alerts from NPR. (Breaking
News Coverage, Special Features, etc.) Move over and ingest weekly NPR Credits.
Send monthly affidavits to NPR Headquarters. Check NPR credits for possible missing audio or mix-match cut numbers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Four (4) year college degree desirable.
• Two or three years detail oriented work, preferably broadcasting or scheduling
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities on a daily basis and to follow through in
accomplishing a varied series of tasks in a systematic manner.
• Computer savvy – knowledge of multiple applications necessary.
• Familiarity with traffic applications preferred.
• Ability to work in cooperation with others and adapt to a changing work
environment and be able to multi-task and prioritize.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team
environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities and
• Demonstrated and proven skills under extreme deadline pressure in broadcast
• Demonstrated experience providing a high level of professional, courteous and
consistent interactions with co-workers. Must provide excellent internal and
external customer service.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit wabe.org.