Job Title: Events & Stewardship Senior Coordinator
The Membership Team enables WABE to carry out its public media mission by raising monthly and annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Digital program support, as well as special projects at WABE. The Membership Team is responsible for relationship building through campaigns and direct response solicitations, member engagement, and events to provide WABE with the economic resources to pursue its mission. To meet and exceed revenue goals, the Membership Team coordinates with all other departments at WABE, as well as multiple external vendors, as appropriate.
Reporting to the Director of Donor Relations and Stewardship, the Events & Stewardship Senior Coordinator position requires a wide range of duties within the spectrum of event coordination to support the programmatic goals of the Membership Team. The Events & Stewardship Senior Coordinator is responsible for supporting campaigns to engage, solicit, and steward prospective and current donors across WABE multi-channel campaigns. The Events & Stewardship Senior Coordinator will design fresh, engaging events and support stewardship strategies for all WABE annual donors and
The Events & Stewardship Senior Coordinator will work closely with vendors, concert promoters, and event venues to plan event logistics and provide top-notch experience for WABE members.
This position will also stay in tune with national benchmarking data, attend public media webinars, learn from colleagues at other public radio and tv stations, and make presentations at meetings.
• Conceive and execute engaging outreach events and promotions, to include a robust program of events and activations that encourage WABE members to upgrade their contributions.
• Serve as Membership Team events liaison to other internal departments by managing event plans, goals and timelines, ensuring timely project completion, and communicating status updates and clear expectations for project execution.
• Contribute visual and written content for Membership Team event-related communications including, but not limited to, website, social media, emails, scripts and other methods of communication.
• Utilize WABE’s Allegiance constituent database and distribution lists, in addition to Mailchimp, Eventbrite and other event communication and ticketing platforms.
• Track and report the effectiveness of all event promotion efforts (radio, television, website, email, social media) through metrics and analytics.
• Coordinate with marketing staff to adhere to editorial and brand standards, ensuring the consistency and visual integrity of all event-related communications.
• Assist with the planning, management, and implementation of programs designed to enhance and strengthen WABE’s relationships with annual donors and monthly Sustainers, with special focus on mid-level.
• Support Stewardship program that includes donor acknowledgment, stewardship reporting, donor recognition, donor engagement, or events.
• Utilize today’s most effective practices of public media donor stewardship and events while testing new innovative approaches.
• Network with other stations to develop and test new concepts for membership events and stewardship opportunities.
• Set event planning timelines and project plans to ensure that all assets and initiatives can be executed on time on each WABE channel.
• Provide regular updates about event performance and write a full review of each event shape future planning.
• Assist with coordinating the development and creation of graphics and materials to promote events and stewardship campaigns.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Preferably 3+ years of public media fundraising experience.
• 3+ years of donor cultivation events, and fundraising program management experience.
• Successful candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Must be able to write strong, compelling messages for donor-centered events and campaigns.
• Ability to analyzed data and amend strategies/plans based on findings.
• Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate a complex work environment.
• Commitment to delivering excellent internal and external customer service.
• Ability to work collaboratively to design and implement events from start to finish.
• Experience working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, and CRM systems.
• Prior experience in fundraising, donor engagement, event design, in a non-profit, or a public media setting.
• Ability to manage and inspire volunteers to work collaboratively.
• Desire to support and promote an inclusive work environment and cultivate strong, productive relationships across internal WABE departments.
• Must be able to reprioritize projects quickly based on changing needs and new opportunities.
• A curious mind and natural desire to develop, test and evaluate new strategies is essential.
• Strong multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team-player and flexibility to change course.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit wabe.org.