WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative,Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Sr. Pledge On-Air Coordinator
The Membership Team enables WABE to carry out its public media mission by raising monthly and annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Digital program support, as well as special projects. The Membership Team is responsible for relationship building through
campaigns and direct response solicitations, member engagement, and events to provide WABE with the economic resources to pursue its mission. To meet and exceed revenue goals, the Membership Team coordinates with all other departments at WABE, as well as multiple
external vendors, as appropriate.
Reporting to the Director of On-Air Fundraising, the Sr. On-Air Pledge Coordinator works to support WABE’s on-air pledge fundraising efforts. On air pledge campaigns are comprised of three annual radio pledge drives and multiple TV pledge drives per year (in addition to intermittent on-air TV pledge appeals). This position will coordinate pledge activities with
fundraising, production and content team members to ensure outstanding execution of pledge drives and concert events.
The Sr. On-Air Pledge Coordinator is responsible for assisting with the strategy and production of television and radio on-air fundraising campaigns – including pre-production, scheduling and
training talent; creating rundowns and scripts for campaigns, production of on-air breaks and spots, and integrating Best-Practices to meet departmental goals. The selected candidate will have outstanding skills in the areas of writing and communications (internal and external), and
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to-
• Assist the Director of On-Air Fundraising and Lead Radio Pledge Producer with planning the radio pledge drives and writing scripts.
• Schedule technical crew for live pledge, pre-taped breaks, and recording testimonials and spots.
• Work with the team responsible for drafting pledge drive program schedules (The Programming Service) and ensure timely completion and schedule distribution to key stakeholders.
• Set up timelines and project plans to ensure that all assets and initiatives can be executed on time on each platform.
• Track campaign results, analyze year to year campaign data to inform campaign strategy.
• Maintain clear, prompt communication with station staff, including programmers, master control, traffic, promotions, digital, radio – to keep them informed about adjustments to the TV pledge programming schedule.
• Work with promotions and Marketing staff to ensure that pledge programs are promoted via a calendar of TV spots, Radio spots, and digitally.
• Write scripts for on-air campaigns and membership spots.
• Collaborate with the Premiums Manager to develop experiential premiums, optimize
ticket offers and unique, effective thank you gift offers.
• Work with Membership staff to develop annual strategy for growing concert ticket revenue and improving donor relations and communication with donors around concert ticket donations.
• Maintain integrated calendar and fiscal year end campaigns (TV, Digital & Radio).
• Coordinate development and creation of graphics.
• Assist with recruiting on-air talent, pledge producers, crew and quality volunteers.
• Manage arrangements for studio guests, including, but not limited to meals, hotel lodging and transportation accommodations.
• Conduct state-of-the-system research on PBS and NPR sites and be an active participant in the Pledge Chat group, Greater Public, Trac Media, etc. for break points, message points, and best practices for on-air fundraising production.
• Research national benchmarks and implement Best Practices for On-Air Fundraising.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Preferably 3 years of public media fundraising experience.
• Ability to write strong, compelling messages for Radio and TV on-air direct response.
• Analyze fundraising results and amend strategies/plans based on findings.
• Desire to support and promote an inclusive work environment and cultivate strong, productive relationships across internal WABE departments.
• Must be able to reprioritize projects quickly based on changing needs and new opportunities.
• Must be active on and knowledgeable about popular social media platforms.
• A curious mind and natural desire to develop, test and evaluate new strategies is essential.
• Strong multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills, team-player and flexibility to change course.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day.
Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a
typical office environment. Position will initially be hybrid with some required work in office as well as remotely/from home. Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required to support departmental functions or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives and pledge related events).
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.