WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative,Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Sr. Major Gifts Coordinator
The Membership Team enables WABE to carry out its public media mission by raising monthly and annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Digital program support, as well as special projects. The Membership Team is responsible for relationship building through
campaigns and direct response solicitations, member engagement, and events to provide WABE with the economic resources to pursue its mission. To meet and exceed revenue goals, the Membership Team coordinates with all other departments at WABE, as well as multiple
external vendors, as appropriate. Reporting to the Major Gifts Officer, the Sr. Major Gifts Coordinator will support WABE’s efforts to
grow membership revenue from high-level donors. This is a strategically important position for the organization which includes assisting with planning and implementing major gifts campaigns
integrated with other WABE multi-channel campaigns (on air, web, digital, direct mail, telephone). This position will focus on systematically increasing the number of major gifts to WABE to support the strategic plan. This position supports Major Gifts and Planned Giving
pipeline development through cultivation of Cornerstone Society donors.
The successful candidate will have a proven fundraising track record, a range of skill sets including effective donor cultivation, oral and written communications, knowledge of donor research and CRM systems. Experience in public media major gifts fundraising is highly desirable.
Accountabilities include, but are not limited to-
• Support major giving program that includes donor acknowledgment, stewardship reporting, donor recognition, donor engagement, or events.
• Solicit donors to make new, renewal, or upgrade gifts.
• Cultivate relationships with donors via phone, email, zoom, text, and other industry communication tactics.
• Partner with Membership staff to strategically move donors up to major giving levels.
• Help to organize and promote events for Major and Planned Giving donors.
• Work closely with Major Gifts Officer to regularly analyze the overall donor file to identify top priority prospects in accordance with donor’s interests, capacity, and propensity for cultivation.
• Support development of messaging and draft/contribute to communications (on air scripts and messages, email, direct marketing, social media, etc.) targeted to Major Gifts prospects.
• Assist with securing testimonials from Major and Planned Gift donors for use in public communications.
• Utilize WABE’s Allegiance constituent database and distribution lists, in addition to Mailchimp, Eventbrite and other communication and donor relations applications.
• Set timelines and project plans to ensure that all assets and initiatives can be executed on time on each WABE channel.
• Provide regular updates about the program; effective tracking, record keeping, and reporting aligned with metrics.
• Monitor public media giving trends and attend webinars, educational sessions on fundraising, or conferences to identify effective new fundraising approaches and share learning with colleagues.
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
AETC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
• Ensure that policies and procedures are documented and maintained.
• Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
• Preferably 3+ years of public media fundraising experience.
• 3 years fundraising and major donor cultivation experience with proven results.
• Ability to devise and execute strategies and team plans with minimal oversight and to drive execution with team peers, board members, and supporters of WABE.
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills (with peers and donors) are a must.
• Successful candidates will possess strong organizational, written, and verbal communication skills and possess the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to analyzed data and amend strategies/plans based on findings.
• Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to navigate a complex work environment.
• Experience working with various technologies including advanced knowledge and experience with Mailchimp, Eventbrite, Microsoft Office Suite, database and project management software, and CRM systems.
• Prior experience in fundraising, donor engagement, event design, in a non-profit, or a public media setting.
• Desire to support and promote an inclusive work environment and cultivate strong, productive relationships across internal WABE departments.
• Must be able to reprioritize projects quickly based on changing needs and new opportunities.
• A curious mind and natural desire to develop, test and evaluate new strategies is essential.
• Strong multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position will initially be hybrid with some required work in office as well
as remotely/from home. Occasional evenings and weekend work may be required to support departmental functions or during high volume work periods (typically donor related events).
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.