Sr. Human Resources Generalist
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist will be a strategic HR partner, assisting and leading the implementation of HR policies, programs, and day-to-day administration of HR processes for the organization. You will provide full-cycle human resources support, balancing employee advocacy, ensuring alignment with department and organizational objectives.
The Sr. Human Resources Generalist will be involved in all facets of the employee experience, with a focus on employee relations, organizational change, benefits, compensation, HRIS, training, and recruiting. As well as manage the WABE’s internship program, FCC EEO report, on-boarding, and coordinate HR events.
The position will also be expected to promote equity, fair treatment, positive employee relations, and ensure compliance with state, federal employment laws and FCC EEO compliance.
- Support and partners with Chief People Officer and leadership in the execution and implementation of HR Business plans, programs, and processes that align with organizational strategy and goals
- Provide direction, expertise, and support for the full scope of HR functions including employee relations, employee compensation and benefits, employee engagement and organizational change
- Coach and counsel employees regarding HR policies and procedures relative to transfer, promotion, compensation, benefits, and conditions of employment
- Partner with Legal as needed in conducting sensitive internal investigations; provide findings and recommendations to leadership, Legal and managers, to resolve and address allegations of workplace misconduct, including harassment, discrimination, or improper treatment
- Serve as an employee advocate, balancing fair labor standards, WABE policies and practices, and business needs
- Foster an environment conducive to teamwork, partnership, transparency, and diversity by working closely with all stakeholders
- Anticipate employee-related situations and provide counsel to employees and managers to resolve through open communications
- Investigate employee concerns, conduct internal audits, and implement appropriate resolution steps.
- Actively participate in organization-wide and HR team initiatives
- Contribute to the development and updating of organizational policies and procedures, safety/emergency preparedness, training, recruitment, etc.
- Contribute to the development of HR-related and internal company communications to staff
- Posts information/news/policies/updates on the WABE SharePoint intranet site
- Develop HR social media, online content strategy, and implementation
- Assist in recruitment efforts by attending and scheduling career fairs, posting of jobs, scheduling interviews, screening candidates, and checking references
- Develop creative and compelling informational packages for internship and career fairs
- Manage the on-boarding and new employee orientation, as well as exit interviews for off-boarding process
- Manage the inputs and outputs related to HRIS to maintain integrity of employee and organizational data; including inputting new hires, status changes, exits and data integrity as needed; maintain employee files/records
- Analyze, prepare, and compile employee-related data, workforce statistics, and project information
- Manage the internship program by developing and maintaining relationships and partnerships with universities, professors, and programs; source and recruit applicants, manage internship workflow, program processes and guidelines, facilitate selection, and maintain intern files
- Coordinates and leads employee birthday and other employee recognition programs
- Provide support for office operations, i.e., back-up coverage as needed, scheduling meetings, and answering phones
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- The individual in this role must be able to operate in a fast-paced environment, with accountability and ownership of key people-related activities
- Must be dependable, prompt and be able to communicate through various levels of the organization
- Must work to set standards as it relates to upholding policies/procedures.
- Must be trustworthy and be able to hold important/critical and personnel-related matters in confidence while ensuring open and clear communication with supervisor
- 4+ years of HR coordinator or broad HR generalist experience in a progressive environment with duties of increasing responsibilities (required)
- Demonstrated ability to resolve employee relations issues and coach management to action
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of employment law, benefits, HRIS, recruiting, compensation, training, policy interpretation, and employee relations
- Proven interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail and organizational skills, customer service orientation, relationship-building skills
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Outlook and Office
- Experience in creating and effectively presenting material to a variety of audiences
- Previous experience recommending solutions related to benefits, training, and compensation is highly regarded
- Punctual, professional and works with minimum supervision
- Must be customer service driven with excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to work independently as well as collectively within a team environment.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through related experience
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise and tact
- Change/Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change that benefits WABE, is open to new ideas, takes on responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
- Communication – Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants. Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate and has active listening skills.
- Detailed-oriented: When ensuring the workplace is compliant with labor standards and when maintaining records regarding employee grievances, performing background checks and reviewing candidate qualifications.
- Results Focus/Initiative – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility.
- Collaboration – For interacting with new employees while conversing and connecting with people from various backgrounds and experiences. Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 15 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.