This is a position requiring excellent skills in multitasking, organization, attention to detail and time management related to Radio Operations. Individual must be able to assess and solve problems, implement new systems and procedures as needed, and work in cooperation with others. This position will require the individual to be on call after normal business hours and weekends to troubleshoot and/or address problems and to monitor the on-air broadcast and internet streams on a continuous basis. This position will work under the supervision of the Radio Operations Director.
• Assist the Operations Director with the daily set up and operation of the radio station’s automation (ENCO) and the public radio distribution systems (Public Radio Satellite System and Content Depot). This includes, but is not limited to continuous monitoring of these systems, responding to and correcting problems when they occur and anticipating problems before they occur.
• Be the secondary person in radio to work with engineering and IT departments to address the overall technical needs of the radio station and to correct and respond to problems with the automation and public radio distribution system.
• Communicate with programming staff, news staff, engineering and IT on any technical, operations and production related matters.
• Work closely with the Directors, and other programming staff to update program and other changes to the automation system (ENCO) as the need arises.
• Assist the Operations Director in overseeing the insertion of daily and weekly programs and promos into the automation system.
• Be the secondary person for obtaining missed or impaired program content.
• Work with IT department to maintain health of ENCO computers.
• Other technical, operations and production duties and responsibilities as needed.
• Serve as a back-up for the Operations Director.
• General board operating
• Engineer remote broadcasts/recordings
• Engineer Facebook Live/Community Events
• Local program promo and billboard production.
• Produce Closer Look Interstitials.
• Closer Look remote event engineer and in-studio live music lead.
• Co-ordinate Closer Look ISDNs, Skype, telephone and IP connections.
• Edit down show for evening re-broadcast.
• Participate on TV pledge recordings and in all radio fundraising activities.
• Facilitate Radio & TV Studio bookings
• Look after remote gear (Facebook Live kit, Comrex remote kits/zoom reporter kits/mics etc)
• Radio/Audio editing/production for local shows/audio
• Be on call for Operations in the evening and at weekends
• Operations troubleshooting and support
• Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities-
Experience and Education Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communications or related field from an accredited college or university or the equivalent experience in the field of radio operations, engineering, technical production and/or IT.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities on a daily and long range basis, follow through in accomplishing a varied series of tasks in a systematic manner, take direction and solve problems.
• Two or three years detail oriented, fast paced work, preferably broadcasting or scheduling related.
• Computer skills a must – knowledge of multiple applications necessary. Candidate must be computer literate and have hands on computer maintenance experience.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
• Experience and good working knowledge of using/programming automation, familiarity with traffic applications, and digital editing systems preferred.
• Technical experience necessary in all current broadcast equipment use, as well as production, board operation and studio and remote interview set-up.
• Ability to work in cooperation with others and adapt to a changing work environment.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 15 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.