Membership Services Coordinator
WABE is looking for a Membership Services Coordinator to support the Membership department, which provides customer service, data entry, and other support services to the Membership team. The position will be responsible for ensuring donor contributions are acknowledged promptly and efficiently, responding to donor inquiries in a timely manner, updating donor records, and establishing and monitoring quality control processes to strengthen team efficiency and internal communications. The selected candidate will have outstanding skills in customer service. Candidate will be fully comfortable with Microsoft Office software suite and have familiarity with data entry and reporting. Also desirable, familiarity with fundraising operations, and experience in media settings.
- Assist the customer service team with inbound and outbound calls. Provide backend system updates to support fundraising initiatives.
- Proof membership acknowledgements including updating thank you letters, developing language for thank you emails.
- Update sustainer records to ensure proper communication and continued monthly support.
- Verify web and phone donations prior to importing into the database.
- Maintain and update records of over 40,000 active members while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Collaborate in database clean-up projects – merging member records, correcting and updating member’s personal information.
- Ensure that policies and procedures are documented and maintained.
- Support special projects as needed and other duties as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Associate Degree desired.
- Experience working databases.
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2-3 years’ experience working in a customer service fundraising environment.
- Excellent phone etiquette, strong communication and organizational skills.
- Capable multi-tasker and ability to produce products from start to finish effectively under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and flexibility to change course.
- Ability to lead a project area with minimal supervision.
- Candidate must be self-motivated and demonstrate initiative and be a strong team player.
- Experience in public media fundraising and/or digital creative skills desirable
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.