This position is primarily responsible for the administrative needs and the operational support functions within the Marketing department. This position is critical for the upkeep, planning and coordination of WABE’s marketing calendar and scheduling. This position is also essential to the execution of marketing tactics for audience acquisition, branding and programming initiatives, including events, campaigns and partnerships.
• Administrative support for the team, including maintenance of marketing calendar,
managing premiums inventory, ensuring file organization based on office protocol,
and other duties as assigned
• Logistics lead for WABE events and activations, e.g., venue/vendor selection, event
registration, audiovisual technical coordination, personnel & volunteer staffing,
scheduling, and onsite management.
• Assisting in the preparation and development of presentations for internal and
• Organize team communication, meeting logistics and agendas
• Manage organization of press clips, case studies/recap data, shared drives
and marketing premiums
• Summarizing and analyzing data to support presentations/projects and executive
• Assist in managing financial tracking documents for team budgets
• Help maintain marketing status report
• Develop and maintain marketing outreach contact list (media, partners, influencers) and coordinate communication
• Monitoring media marketplace activity and maintaining competitive tracking data
and marketplace trends
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Self-starter and team player, able to accept direction, yet work independently.
• Excellent prioritization and time management skills.
• Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
• Flexibility and adaptability in a fast-paced work environment.
• Strong work ethic.
• Calm in the face of pressure.
• Ability to effectively interact with all levels of personnel within the organization and with external audiences and partners.
• A positive attitude, strong attention to detail, and excellent multi-tasking and
• Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree is required.
• Minimum 0-2 year’s events, community relations and/or production experience;
event production experience highly preferred.
• High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and
• Experience with Mailchimp, Eventbrite, and WordPress preferred.
• Experience with social media preferred.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter, resume, and samples of work to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit wabe.org.