Summary: The Human Resources Coordinator will be responsible for assisting HR & Administration through various HR, administrative, and customer support related responsibilities. The HR Coordinator job duties include responsibilities related to the daily operations of an office, like scheduling meetings, coordinating training sessions, performing employee orientations, exit interviews, and managing employee information documents. The HR Coordinator manages the internship program, FCC EEO compliance report, on-boarding process, and helps to manage and coordinate HR events.
• Assists in recruitment efforts by attending and scheduling career fairs, posting of jobs, scheduling interviews, screening candidates and checking references.
• Maintains compliance by managing FCC EEO report.
• Serves as back up for the front desk and mail room functions.
• Works in effort to maintain and keep track of files/records.
• Coordinates putting together informational packages used at career fairs.
• Assists in the creation and updating of policies and procedures.
• Works to support HR with correspondence to staff.
• Works to develop HR social media, online content strategy, and implementation.
• Coordinates and leads employee birthday recognition process and details.
• Coordinates and manages the internship program by contacting Universities, professors, programs, keeping up with applicants, recruiting, processes/guidelines, selection, and files.
• Posts information/news/policies/updates on the PBA intranet.
• Assists to maintain a secure filing system which consists of copies of invoices, records, resumes and/or applications as needed.
• Receiving and relaying calls and messages to various personnel.
• Type memos, correspondence and other documents.
• May also assist with other related clerical duties such as scheduling meetings, photocopying, faxing, filing and collating.
• Works to manage on-boarding and new employee orientation.
• Works on the development, implementation, and communication, and to have a basic working knowledge of various HR areas as assigned, that include but are not limited to Benefits (plan Information and enrollment), policies/procedures, safety/emergency preparedness, training, recruitment, etc.
• Assists in conducting employee exit interviews.
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Must be dependable, prompt and be able to communicate through various levels of the organization.
• Must work to set standards as it relates to upholding policies/procedures.
• Must be trustworthy and be able to hold important/critical and personnel related matters in confidence while ensuring open and clear communication with supervisor.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Possession of a high school diploma or equivalent (GED) and minimum 2-3 years applicable HR experience.
• Experience in the use of a multi-line switchboard or any combination of training.
• Punctual, professional and has the ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Must be customer service driven with excellent phone etiquette.
• Possession of strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to work independently as well as collectively within a team environment.
• Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through related experience.
• Must have basic knowledge of a variety of computer software applications such as: (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
• Position continually requires demonstrated poise and tact.
• Excellent attention to detail
• Change/Adaptability/Flexibility – Adapts to change that benefits PBA, is open to new ideas, takes on responsibilities, handles pressure, and adjusts plans to meet changing needs.
• Communication – Excellent speaking and listening skills to share information effectively, while paying careful attention to concerns and questions from employees and job applicants. Communicates well both verbally and in writing, promptly shares information and ideas with others throughout the organization as appropriate and has active listening skills.
• Detailed-oriented – When ensuring the workplace is compliant with labor standards and when maintaining records regarding employee grievances, performing background checks and reviewing candidate qualifications.
• Results Focus/Initiative – Targets and achieves results, sets challenging goals, prioritizes tasks, overcomes obstacles, accepts accountability, sets high standards and takes responsibility.
• Collaboration – For interacting with new employees while conversing and connecting with people from various backgrounds and experiences. Works collaboratively with others to solve problems, achieve common goals and positive results. Listens to others and values opinions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 10 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: https://www.wabe.org/about/human-resources/current-opportunities/
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.