WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1 and WABETV. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Digital Fundraising Manager
The Membership Team enables WABE to carry out its public media mission by raising monthly and annual contributions from individuals for TV, Radio, and Digital program support, as well as special projects at WABE. The Membership Team is responsible for relationship building through campaigns and direct response solicitations, member engagement, and events to provide WABE with the economic resources to pursue its mission. To meet and exceed revenue goals, the Membership Team coordinates with all other departments at WABE, as well as multiple external vendors, as appropriate.
Reporting to the Director of On Air & Digital Fundraising, the Digital Fundraising Manager manages and oversees growth of online fundraising and engagement programs by executing effective strategies and techniques via email, website promotions, and other digital channels. The Manager will provide coordinated leadership of digital fundraising and engagement activities, developing and implementing campaigns and solicitation appeals. The Digital Fundraising Manager will work closely with vendors and WABE staff to conceptualize fresh, integrated digital fundraising campaigns and solicitation appeals. Year-round digital fundraising campaigns will promote multiple revenue categories including, but not limited to, Vehicle Donations, Sustainers, Passport, Matching Gifts, Major Gifts, Planned Giving, Stewardship Journey, and Member Benefits. This position will also stay in tune with best practices for public media digital fundraising, national benchmarking data, attend public media webinars, and learn from colleagues at other public radio and tv stations.
- Aligning with the overall goals of the membership department and working with the Director of On Air and Digital Fundraising, provide direction and management for Digital Fundraising initiatives and strategies.
- Design and implement strategies for the continued growth and evolution of membership fundraising efforts leveraging digital platforms and technologies to successfully retain, reactivate, and acquire new members.
- Collaborate with Database Administrator on data analysis to inform campaign design and strategy.
- Create digital fundraising tests, planning logistics, assets and metrics to track campaign results.
- Utilize technologies to support fundraising initiatives including the creation of online donation forms, A/B tests, optimization, CRM tools, and data-driven analysis.
- Drive creative discussions and champion best practices in public media digital fundraising strategy that balance creativity with data-informed insights.
- Provide guidance on testing and the adoption of new strategies to grow the membership file and revenue.
- Network with other stations and collaborate with vendors to identify and leverage tools, resources, and assets that elevate digital fundraising practices and drive innovation.
- Remain well-informed and report back on the latest trends in digital fundraising, email campaigns, deliverability, and online storytelling in order to better optimize existing content, practices and strategies.
- Liaise with membership team and marketing department to work within an existing brand voice, both in visual representation and editorial style, in order to support the consistency of messaging across campaigns and the organization.
- Create and manage year-round digital fundraising calendar and timelines and project plans
- Utilize website and social media tools to serve as digital and web content manager for Membership department.
- Liaise with external strategy and software partners and vendors to manage execution of digital fundraising best practices.
- Stay in tune with industry best-practices, within public media (PBS and NPR sites a well as Pledge Chat, Greater Public, Trac Media, etc.), among nonprofits more broadly and in the commercial sector.
- Serve as membership team leader for PBS and NPR digital solicitations, and partner with colleagues across WABE to envision, test, and assess how to fundraise around podcasts and digital content beyond traditional pledge broadcasts.
- Plan, implement and evaluate WABE digital campaigns to encourage new, renewed and upgraded contributions from listeners, viewers, streamers, subscribers and fans.
- Integrate digital opportunities within pledge and social media by initiating efforts and campaigns within our own team.
- Provide regular updates about campaign performance and write a full review of each major campaign, and sharing insights about campaign performance that shape future planning.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- • Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Preferably 5+ years of public media fundraising experience.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in direct response fundraising
- Knowledge of and proven ability to develop and implement digital fundraising strategies.
- Experience with building and maintaining donation forms, surveys and other user engagement features, and running reports/interpreting audience analytics.
- Comfort moving between different departments and bridging different goals/strategies within the organization
- Display creativity and initiative; respond quickly to last-minute needs and changing priorities.
- A team player that is detail-oriented, organized, motivated and creative.
- The propensity for innovation and the pursuit of improvement.
- Must have good judgment and the ability to handle confidential matters.
- Enthusiasm for public media with a desire to create and share a solid case for support with staff, donors, viewers and the WBE community as a whole.
- Experience with Allegiance CRM products.
- Experience with Photoshop, web design and HTML.
- Must be able to write strong, compelling messages for Radio and TV on-air direct response.
- Ability to analyze fundraising results and amend strategies/plans based on findings.
- Desire to support and promote an inclusive work environment and cultivate strong, productive relationships across internal WABE departments.
- Must be able to reprioritize projects quickly based on changing needs and new opportunities.
- A curious mind and natural desire to develop, test and evaluate new strategies is essential.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required to support departmental events or during high volume work periods (typically radio pledge drives).
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit wabe.org.