WABE is looking for a qualified candidate to create compelling news and feature content for its digital platforms and other news products. The Digital Editor will work with reporters and producers to create digital content complementary to radio news stories. The Digital Editor will work closely with the senior editor for digital and the managing editor of WABE News on daily assignments as well as long-range planning for WABE’s websites, social media, and other platforms that include audio, video, and images.
- Manage the WABE website, editing and curating stories using digital tools for data, audio and visual effects and using analytics and latest best practices to make stories attractive to digital users.
- Collaborate with television, radio and digital staffs to adapt stories for web using best practices; training and assisting staff as needed.
- Create and contribute content to increase and enhance WABE’s social media presence on current and emerging platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, YouTube etc.
- Document and verify the continued growth of WABE’s digital audience by tracking metrics using Google Analytics and other tools. Must understand the fundamentals of web analytics, types of traffic etc. and be able to act based on the analysis.
- Create multimedia presentations using photos, video, graphics, data visualization tools etc.
- Work with news staff to adapt and create original content for the website.
- Explore new technologies and improve use of current technologies.
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or Communications, preferably with an emphasis on broadcasting or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of experience working in digital or broadcast journalism
- Impeccable news judgment and ethics
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to juggle multiple tasks and deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively with a creative team to solve problems and achieve common goals.
- Experience with video and audio production tools, photography, social media. Web development experience is a plus.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Digital Content Management Systems (Word Press or similar software) and other web and Microsoft fundamentals.
- The position requires working non-standard hours
- Ability and willingness to work varied shifts as needed, including weekends.
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org EOE
To apply for this job please visit wabe.org.