WABE is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, WABE is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WABE TV, WABE.org and numerous podcasts
and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visitwww.wabe.org.
HR Administrative Assistant (front desk)
The HR Administrative Assistant demonstrates excellence, competence, collaboration, respect, accountability and ownership while performing clerical tasks and HR office/recruiting support. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to greeting all incoming guests, answering calls coming through the main phone line and assisting with administrative support for other organizational areas (as needed). This position will be responsible for creating detailed reports, assisting with administrative functions, calendaring, analysis and tracking of expenses, and vendor management.
This is an in office position reporting on-site Monday-Friday (8:30 am – 5:30 pm).
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Provides administrative support for HR department, and also assists with other related clerical duties such as scheduling meetings, faxing, filing and creating reports.
- Assists in the recruiting effort by posting jobs (post, track, and record keeping), scheduling interviews.
- Assists HR with on-boarding and off-boarding processes, along with other HR admin tasks.
- Assists in the expense management system (Concur) and keeping up receipts.
- Professionally answers telephones through company mainline and directs calls as necessary.
- Greets, checks-in and directs visitors to the station in a professional, friendly and hospitable manner.
- Receiving and relaying calls and messages to various personnel.
Gives out routine programming and membership related information.
- Coordinate, plan and prepare for staffing events/gatherings (ordering food, supplies, set-up and breakdown).
- Receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail as needed.
- Coordinates the pick-up and delivery of express mail services (FedEx, UPS, etc.)
- Assists in the ordering, receiving, stocking and distribution of office supplies.
- Prepares memos, correspondence and assists in developing presentations.
Assists the Sr. HR Generalist with internship program.
- Assists and helps in the coordination of the stations’ emergency preparedness planning and systems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years customer service and administrative experience.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures, and knowledge of use and operation of standard office equipment, at a level generally acquired through 2+ years related experience.
- Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, & PowerPoint).
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Punctual, professional appearance and ability to work with minimum supervision.
- Must be customer service driven with excellent phone etiquette.
- Possession of strong organizational skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Possesses exceptional interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to deal tactfully and courteously with callers and in-person guests.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Able to work collectively with the administrative team.
- Position continually requires demonstrated poise and tact.
- Possesses ability to be watchful, analyze, anticipate and act quickly with good judgement.
- Ability to demonstrate and observe confidentiality, discretion, and or privacy of information is a must.
- Customer/Client Focus
- Detailed Oriented
- Problem Solving/Analytical
- Project Management
- Team Orientated
Must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and possess desire to achieve, with an ability to be a self-starter and learner. Must be able to operate with flexibility, remain calm under pressure, be proactive and be results oriented. Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. Will require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 10 lbs.), filing documents,
climbing, storing equipment, and working around high voltage equipment. Proper lifting techniques required. Working in spaces/rooms with various temperatures and lighting, confined spaces, and broadcast equipment
as found in a typical technical broadcast environment in addition to working outdoors in all types of weather conditions and temperatures.
For consideration, submit resume and cover letter to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.