Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Title: VP of Individual Giving
Summary: Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) a forward thinking and innovative organization seeks an enthusiastic, experienced, creative and visionary leader to serve as its VP of Individual Giving. Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Development Officer, this role coordinates fundraising activities, develops, and maintains a comprehensive fund-raising program on behalf of the organization.
- Oversees all fundraising efforts for Radio, TV and Digital including Major Gifts, Sustainer and Cornerstone program, on-air and online pledge drives, mail, and telemarketing, grants and other specialized fundraising functions, and events; Supervises managers in the implementation of all fundraising efforts; oversees key projects, processes and performance reports, data and analysis.
- Develops, proposes and implements fundraising strategies across fundraising techniques consistent with overall organizational objectives; analyzes in-house, marketing, survey and industry data, trends, and experiences to assist in the development of long term strategies; maintains knowledge about the external environment as it relates to fundraising in the broadcasting industry and in general.
- Aggressively seeks new funding sources and maintains relationships with current/past donors; represents organization in meetings with potential funding sources; maintains strong relationships and ties within related professional organizations/associations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with donors (individual and foundations); builds a support system within the department for stewardship of these relationships.
- Leverages data from the CRM system to build target donor profiles and key strategies to reach them
- Coordinates and works on PBA’s participation in community events in order to enhance individual & community relationships and build station visibility and extend brand.
- Works with the Sr. Leadership in the development and monitoring of budgets and financial performance, providing reports and data as needed for financial monitoring and projection.
- Reviews, analysis of activities, costs, operations, and forecast data to determine department or division progress toward stated goals and objectives.
- Participates in Board and fundraising committee meetings, providing information and making presentations as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: Master’s degree or equivalent; or eight (+) years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Proven analytical skills and ability in developing programs and communications as well as critical analyses of trends and data. Prior fundraising and development management coupled with marketing experience preferable. Proven organizational skills with demonstrated ability to maintain successful interpersonal relationships with contributors, volunteers, board and staff. Ability to develop, project manage and meet a multimillion-dollar budget and to make data-driven decisions. Knowledge/experience in donor prospecting, research methods, database systems and techniques and strategy necessary.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
740 Bismark Road NE wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 atlantapba.org 678-686-0321 atlantaplanit.wabe.org
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools · Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
- An experienced leader with appropriate professional experience.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well-organized and self-directed individual who is “politically savvy” and a team player.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Leadership/Management Skills—Inspires and motivates others to perform well and accepts feedback from others. Includes staff in planning, decision-making, facilitating and process improvement; makes self-available to staff; provides regular performance feedback; and develops subordinates’ skills and encourages growth. Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Analytical/Problem solving—Synthesizes complex or diverse information. Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner and gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Communication/Planning & Organizing—Possess the ability to be persuasive in positive or negative situations, demonstrates group presentation skills and conducts productive meetings. Prioritizes and plans work activities, uses time efficiently and develops realistic action plans.
- Delegation/Judgement—Delegates work assignments, gives authority to work independently, sets expectations and monitors delegated activities. Displays willingness to make decisions, exhibits sound and accurate judgment, and makes timely decisions.
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to: Public Broadcasting Atlanta Attention: Human Resources 740 Bismark Rd. NE Atlanta, GA 30324 Fax: 678-553-3026 Apply online at: www.wabe.org Email: email@example.com EOE
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.