Part-Time Traffic Announcer
CMG Atlanta Radio
Cox Media Group has a part time opening for a Traffic Announcer in our Atlanta market.
This position requires a flexible schedule and may include work during any hour of the day, any day of the week.
The successful candidate writes, produces, broadcasts Atlanta traffic reports and information on radio, digital and social media, occasionally on WSB-TV, and occasionally on CMG Atlanta music stations.
- Making calls, listening to scanners and monitoring traffic cameras to prepare and execute up-to-date live traffic reports for more than one Atlanta radio station
- Ability to manage tight deadlines, work independently on broadcast copy and deliver multiple reports either solo or in the body of a newscast multiple times an hour
- Candidate must be proficient with computers and broadcast equipment including microphone and audio editing software
- On-air implementation and execution of special coverage, digital production, producing, writing, screening phone calls, social media, and web-site and texting platform knowledge
- Other duties as assigned
- One to five years of anchor and/or journalism experience
- Passion and enthusiasm for serving the public and helping the WSB Traffic Team achieve and surpass its goals to provide the best product
- Must provide resume of past applicable experience and demo of either past on-air work or recorded reports
- Strong computer skills (email, internet, social media) and be able to perform deliver customer service at the highest level
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism or similar field or equivalent experience
- Five or more years of experience reporting or other applicable experience
- Demonstrated radio reporting and production skills
- Ready to train in providing live reports and host two-way
Job Requirements – Knowledge and/or Specific Skills Necessary to do the Job
- Demonstrated radio reporting, digital news and production skills
- Strong writing, reporting and anchoring skills
- Professional on-air delivery
- Ability to perform a variety of assignments well and completely
- Ability to use sound, when available, to create scenes that engage the listener and convey the emotion of the story
- Ability to consistently produce timely and substantive reports on a tight deadline
- Fully competent in use of recording and production equipment
- Ability to work simultaneously on short and long-term projects
- Compelling story teller
- Capacity to report complex stories quickly- quick turnaround
- Ability to deliver stories authoritatively, competently
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, like Clark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com,Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
: Cox Media Group
: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
: Individual Contributor
: Variable –
To apply for this job please visit www.coxmediagroup.com.