Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Temporary Radio Producer (Up to 2 months)
This position requires excellent skills in organization, verbal communication, writing, producing, editing, multitasking and time management. It will also require the individual to take part in the strategy to develop content for the organization. Individual must be curious and be willing to seek out ideas that may become radio stories.
- Works to effectively produce cultural, informational, fundraising and digital media content for WABE and for use across all of PBA’s platforms.
- Works collaboratively with the radio division and across the organization.
- Would be expected to generate ideas, record stories and edit to completion for use on-air and online.
- Would be expected to book guests, coordinate with hosts and deliver compelling public radio style content.
- Will need to attend planning meetings and help generate story ideas.
- Will produce voice over work and other content as directed.
- Applicant would be expected to be comfortable posting stories online (Word Press) and through the in-house audio delivery service (ENCO).
- Would be expected to assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with the arts community.
- Provide technical, editing and production support for contract and radio staff as needed for content development and production.
- Provide technical support for studio and ISDN interviews and remote field recordings as needed.
- Other duties as assigned including providing back-up coverage for news department.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education Requirements
- Four (4) year college degree desirable or equivalent experience in the field of radio production, digital media production, operations and/or engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to set priorities on a daily and long range basis, follow through in accomplishing a varied series of tasks in a systematic manner, take direction and solve problems.
- Three or four years of detail oriented, fast paced work, preferably broadcast production or in a producer capacity.
- Technical experience and good working knowledge of current broadcast recording and production equipment, automation, digital editing, board operation and studio and remote production and interview set-up preferred.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
- Excellent and proven ability to edit Adobe Audition and able to train others on its use.
- Must be able to handle a variety of activities, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Contributes to fundraising activities as directed.
- Radio broadcast operations and ENCO experience a plus.
- Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
Please send resume, cover letter and audio file(s) with air-checks and news stories to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.pba.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com