Multiplatform Producer – Assignment Desk
Broadcasting – Radio – TV
11Alive, TEGNA’s NBC station in Atlanta, is looking for a Multiplatform Producer to help redefine the way local news is covered. We’re looking for self-starting, tenacious and persistent journalists with proven reputations who are eager to discover the next big story and break news. Our ideal candidates want to take what used to be known as the assignment desk to the next level. They are problem solvers with strong critical-thinking skills and news judgement.
Ideally, candidates would have great people skills, knowledge of the metro Atlanta area and the ability to develop great sources and contacts. They possess expert social media skills, are relentless in chasing information and have a proven track record of mining the internet to find and develop stories.
This position would report to the Managing Editor of Newsgathering and would work an overnight shift.
- Confirming information with sources and fielding it to news crews
- Coordinating multiple crews and breaking stories simultaneously
- Researching stories for facts and credibility
- Enterprising and developing news stories
- Developing contacts and sources to be used in newsgathering operations
- Organizing press releases and maintaining relationships with public relations coordinators
- Using social media mining tools (CrowdTangle, Social News Desk, Twitter, Facebook) to discover unique content
- Using consumer analytics to help guide decisions for on-air content
- Responding to viewer phone calls and emails
- Shooting, editing or writing news stories for all platforms (on-air, online, social media) when needed
- Performing other tasks as required by supervisor or executive producer
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value the benefits of diversity in our workplace.
- BA/BS in journalism, communication or related field
- Capability to work an overnight shift with some weekends
- Previous assignment desk experience or at least three years of relevant news experience preferred
- Ability to work independently and multi-task confidently under tight deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Impeccable organizational skills
- Understanding the tenants of professional journalism
- Strong social media skills
- Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems preferred
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius a plus
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA requires all employees to be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.
Apply Online URL:
Job posted by an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply for this job please visit www.jobs.net.