OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
The Streaming Producer/Host plans, schedules, produces, edits, and hosts news, weather and informational video content on the station’s live stream. Come help us build a fast-growing new distribution platform to connect FOX 5 Atlanta with a 21st century streaming audience. This position requires a unique combination of skills and offers the opportunity to work in a market-leading news organization.
- Works in concert with the Digital Content Manager and VP/News to develop concepts for scheduled streaming programs designed to maximize audience for the station’s live stream
- Produces and crafts blocks of news, weather and information content to be delivered via the station’s live stream
- Utilizes technology platforms to schedule and execute streaming of pre-produced program content
- Monitors incoming video feeds and works in conjunction with Assignment Editors to recognize and respond to breaking news of interest to the streaming audience
- Appears on camera to host and introduce scheduled streaming programs; hosts and narrates live coverage of breaking news and scheduled news events presented in full on the station’s live stream
- Evaluates audience measurement data and participates in discussions about content strategy and planning for the station’s live stream
- Ensures that streaming content meets the editorial standards of the FOX 5 newsroom
- Performs other duties as assigned
Must possess strong language skills, be proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation and must be able to utilize conversational broadcast copy style efficiently under daily deadline pressure
- Proficiency with video production technology, including non-linear editing and video switching tools
- Strong editorial judgment required
- Excellent on-camera delivery and communication skills required
- Self-starter with the ability to work productively while working independently
- Able to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred. Two years of experience in a newsroom at a commercial television station preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.