WANF has a rare opportunity for an experienced sports reporter/anchor to join our sports team in this incredibly active market! Work hard and play harder in a world class city with just about every sport you can think of at just about every level. This is the home of the back-to-back National Champion University of Georgia Bulldogs and the 2021 World Series Champion Atlanta Braves! We have the MLB, NBA, WNBA, NFL, MLS, MLR, NLL, golf, hockey, countless college sports, exciting high school sports, a vibrant running community, and so much more! The opportunities to tell the stories of athletes and athletics in Atlanta are absolutely endless!
• Bachelor’s Degree in journalism, broadcast media or related field; concentration in sports broadcasting a plus.
• Minimum five years of experience in sports broadcasting, medium to large market experience preferred.
• Must demonstrate effective use of digital and social media.
• Ability and willingness to shoot/ edit strongly preferred.
• Ability to adjust and excel while working a flexible schedule.
• Excellent time management, writing, and communication.
• Energetic and engaging live presence.
• Must provide recent examples of work including broadcast packages, live shots in the field, in studio anchoring/ presentation, web article(s), social media.
• Work with a talented team of sports journalists to provide comprehensive local sports coverage across all platforms including AtlantaNewsFirst.com, our social media accounts and connected TV (streaming) channels. More on that below.
• Enterprise compelling content. Sports is news in Atlanta. We don’t save good sports stories just for a sports segment. That means we need to find quality sports content worthy of placement in our daily newscasts. Highlights still exist, but they are not the focus of this position.
• Shoot and edit your own stories. While we do have photographers who often help, we want a well-rounded candidate who can not only enterprise but create and execute that content.
• Build relationships and contacts. Sports reporting in Atlanta is competitive and part of building a winning culture is being the first to break big sports stories.
• Co-host our nightly ANF+ Sports Tonight streaming segment on our streaming channels.
• Connect with our viewers on social media platforms, especially Facebook, Instagram and Tik Tok. Stories can be told on these platforms every bit as much as they can be on TV.
• Be ready to perform on the biggest stages that sport has to offer. We need a leader. We need a go-getter. We need someone willing to put in the work to make Atlanta News First the place viewers choose for their daily sports content.
Requisition Number: ANCHO007540
Qualified, interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references