Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 (ATL-PBA) and numerous podcasts and digital offerings. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Job Title: Sr. Producer for City Lights with Lois Reitzes
City Lights with Lois Reitzes is a program with a focus on the Metro-Atlanta arts and culture community. City Lights explores the ways in which people express themselves creatively. City Lights covers music, theater, dance, pop culture, visual arts and more. WABE has long been a partner with many organizations in Atlanta and through City Lights we deepen those relationships to serve our community with even greater arts and cultural content.
Oversee all aspects of production for daily arts/culture talk program. Lead and supervise producers. Ensure program consistently meets the highest journalistic standards of fairness and professionalism. Oversee creation of digital brand extensions and multi-platform elements of City Lights stories and series. On-air hosting experience is preferred, but not required.
- Working closely with the program host and director of radio and television, the Sr. Producer leads editorial and production efforts for the daily City Lights program
- Communicates the vision of the program to the staff and collaborates with other departments • In conjunction with the host, responsible for the program’s overall tone and balance • Consistently assesses the program’s content and priorities
- Ensures each day’s broadcast is of the highest standards and quality
- Works closely with the host and director of radio and television to make content and editorial decisions.
- Helps to conceive program’s digital and social media content, taking an active role in extending the City Lights and WABE Arts & Culture brand to new audience on multiple platforms • Makes daily and longer-term assignments, alongside the host and/or director of radio and television
- Originates story ideas for the program and produce segments
- Produces in-the-field reports and features to air in daily program
- Line produces live broadcast of the program
- Maintains/plans calendar of program content
- Assigns tasks to producers
- Develops and produces special programs and remote broadcasts
- Cultivates sources at community organizations, publishing houses, local universities, government agencies, media outlets, arts community and others
- Collaborates with Operations department on engineering and equipment issues • When applicable, fills in as on-air host or as interviewer for City Lights segments • Other duties as assigned.
740 Bismark Road NE www.wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 www.atlantapba.org
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools · Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Experience producing programs that meet NPR standards
- Proven ability to contribute to a positive, diverse, creative, high performance culture • Exceptional and proven management and leadership skills, with an emphasis in leading by example and supporting teams of creative professionals
- Ability to evaluate content/quality/sound and act decisively with sound management • Ability to think and plan strategically
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships and represent program internally and externally
- Ability to maintain high journalistic and production standards under deadline pressure. • Understanding of today’s digital media landscape and how content can be produced to serve several audiences across various platforms
- Hosting experience is preferred
- Digital audio editing skills (Adobe Audition or other)
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research skills
- Ability to deal with a broad variety of complex projects and assignments
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individual will need to sit or stand as needed. Position may require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or Lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org.