Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provide the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy…the chance to dream where there’s space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world’s biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
The Senior Producer of Lifestyle will work for the Executive Producer of Lifestyle and with its hosts to produce a new, half-hour lifestyle program on WANF. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, great storytelling, stacking and producing the show, booking guests, developing franchises and segments, working with sales clients, on-location shoots, enterprise content gathering, and digital content.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
– Working with the Executive Producer, the Senior Producer will help develop and produce the new lifestyle show that will feature original enterprise content, live studio interviews, paid segments, and sponsored franchises.
– It will also feature trending and buzzworthy news and pre-produced stories showcasing the very best our community has to offer. The ideal candidate thrives when working with a team, exhibits strong editorial judgment, and is willing to do what it takes to get the best stories and guests.
– As the Senior Producer, you’ll help with the show’s editorial process, regularly create compelling enterprise content, develop story ideas, and generate innovative broadcasts that use intentional creative strategy. You will also need to build and source contacts throughout the community and utilize Gray’s network of stations to source lifestyle content.
– The show in development will air Monday through Friday, including some holidays, throughout the year. The ideal candidate will bring extensive time management and project logistical skills to the team, making sure we stay ahead of deadlines. The candidate will work closely with sales management and account executives on sponsored content, interviews, and client-related projects as well.
– The candidate will work with peers across News, Operations, Sales, and Programming departments and should have excellent communication skills.
– Minimum 3 years show producing
– Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications or equivalent training/experience
– Resume reel is required
– Experience with producing software, and non-linear editing systems including Adobe Creative Suite, and experience with video camera, lighting, and audio equipment.
– Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera, and lights
– Ability to produce content in the field independently
– Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
– Excellent communication and organizational skills
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.