Cumulus Media | Macon, GA is looking for a dynamic, self-motivated Sales Director to drive radio and digital revenue in our market. The Sales Director provides leadership to station’s local sales efforts by giving direction, training and feedback to sales team. Assist account executives in prospecting, developing and maintaining direct and new business, as well as local agency business, to assure established sales goals are met.
We are looking for someone who lives by our FORCE Cumulus values; WE are Focused, Responsible, Collaborative and Empowered! If you are looking for a great culture and professional environment, then Cumulus could be the home for you.
Who We Are:
Cumulus | Macon features six radio stations in the Middle Georgia area. Our stations include: 99.1 WDEN-FM Country, 93.7 WPEZ-FM Lite Rock, 95.1 WMGB-FM Top-40, 92.3 WLZN-FM Urban Contemporary, 730 WMAC-AM News Talk, and 1500 WAYS- AM Sports Talk.
- Develop and implement a sales plan that will meet station’s revenue goals with emphasis on customer-focused selling to direct, new direct, vertical categories, digital, NTR, station features and major account sales
- Identify, recruit, train, coach, manage and develop high-performance Sales talent and build a successful team to ensure continued top-line growth
- Maintain an ongoing recruitment effort to ensure top quality team, always having a bench of 3 or more candidates
- Attend high profile account presentations; provide coaching and leadership to sales team
- Conduct regular one-on-one meetings with Sales Team members to evaluate pending business for conversion and note in CRM accordingly
- Participate and lead Sales staff meetings and training sessions
- Manage inventory and reporting in Wide Orbit
- Manage administrative functions connected with forecasting revenue, rate, pricing and order approvals
- Actively participate in business & community associations with the intention of developing extensive relationships with local influencers and decision makers
- Develop and build relationships with clients by providing quality customer service
- Lead communication with other departments to assure quality service when placing orders and arranging promotions
- Oversee special event sales
- Provide managerial assistance in local and national rate negotiations, sales plans and budgeting
- Develop creative, solution oriented, customer-focused revenue programs and ancillary sales projects
- Oversee and manage expenses of the Sales organization
- Generate revenue from personal account list
- 5 years of experience in broadcast sales, sales management and mentoring experience preferred with a proven track record of success in the radio industry
- Proficient in all aspects of radio and digital sales, including use of quantitative/qualitative research, event development, and multiple-platform/integrated sales expertise
- Familiar with the management of CRM systems, budget procedures, daily sales accountability and recognition programs, inventory management and collections procedures
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Communications, Marketing or related field is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite, social networking platforms
- Highly developed training and coaching skills including; skills in organization, delegating, interviewing and motivating sales people
- Demonstrate high energy level and achievement-oriented attitude toward sales, sales training and education, and client relations
- Excellent presentation skills
- Flexible and creative
- Digitally savvy. Working knowledge of SEO/SEM, Behavioral and Contextual Targeting, Geo Fencing, PPC, Email, Mobile and Social platforms
What we offer:
- Competitive pay with performance based bonus structure.
- Professional growth and career path
- Focused, responsible and collaborative work environment with the ability, to ask “what if” and try innovative solutions
- Recognition and reward for outstanding performance
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance coverage
- 401K with company match to plan for the long-term
- Paid Vacation & Holidays
For more information about CUMULUS MEDIA, visit our website at: https://www.cumulus.com
Cumulus Radio Station Group is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.
To apply for this job please visit www.cumulus.com.