City Lights with Lois Reitzes is a program with a focus on the Metro-Atlanta arts and culture community.
City Lights explores the ways in which people express themselves creatively. In addition to a wide range
of music, City Lights covers theater, dance, pop culture, visual arts and more. WABE has long been a
partner with many organizations in Atlanta and through City Lights we deepen those relationships to
serve our community with even greater arts and cultural content.
The producer should have the ability to self-start, pitch story ideas, and keep across fast-moving events
locally, regionally and nationally. This position requires excellent skills in organization, verbal
communication, writing, producing, editing, multitasking and time management. It will also require the
individual to take part in the strategy to develop content for the organization. Individual must be curious
and be willing to seek out ideas that may become radio stories.
• Works to effectively produce cultural, informational, fundraising and digital media content for WABE
and for use across all of PBA’s platforms.
• Works collaboratively with the radio division and across the organization.
• Would be expected to generate ideas, record stories and edit to completion for use on-air and online.
• Would be expected to book guests, coordinate with hosts and deliver compelling public radio style
• Prepare host with research, background information and questions to conduct in-depth interviews.
• Will need to attend planning meetings and help generate story ideas.
• Will produce pre-recorded feature pieces.
• Applicant would be expected to be comfortable posting stories online and through the in-house audio
delivery service (ENCO).
• Would be expected to assist in the development and maintenance of relationships with the
• Content development and production.
• Possible remote field recordings.
• Other duties as assigned including providing back-up coverage for news department.
• Participate in all radio fund raising activities and related production.
AETC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Experience and Education Requirements
• Four (4) year college degree desirable or equivalent experience in the field of radio production,
digital media production, operations and/or engineering.
• Demonstrated ability to set priorities on a daily and long range basis, follow through in
accomplishing a varied series of tasks in a systematic manner, take direction and solve problems.
• Three or four years of detail oriented, fast paced work, preferably broadcast production or in a
• Technical experience and good working knowledge of current broadcast recording and production
equipment, automation, digital editing, board operation and studio and remote production and
interview set-up preferred.
Necessary Skills and Abilities
• Excellent and proven ability to edit Adobe Audition and able to train others on its use.
• Must be able to handle a variety of activities, work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Contributes to fundraising activities as directed.
• Radio broadcast operations and ENCO experience a plus.
• Exceptional organizational, interpersonal and communication skills are a must.
• Enthusiastic interest in arts & culture such as theatre, film, TV, books, music, visual arts and food.
• Familiarity with local arts scene preferable
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org