Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WTOC-TV is the dominant #1 station in Savannah, GA. We serve 17 counties in the Southeast Georgia, known as the Coastal Empire and three counties in the South Carolina Lowcountry.
WTOC-TV is searching for a producer who can not only produce and write TV newscasts, but who can also write for digital platforms, shoot and edit video, interview community members, shoot video for talent, and create natpkgs.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
– Producing TV newscasts when needed.
– Co-producing or segment producing for our lifestyle show called Morning Break.
– Pitching stories, conducting interviews, and creating natpkgs.
– Help with special projects as needed.
– Strong videography skills.
– Will shoot with anchors on a regular basis for their stories. May also have to edit their pieces as well.
– May shoot interviews on his/her own and be expected to write a pkg out of it for an anchor to track.
– Write digital versions of stories and post to digital platforms.
– Will need to be able to operate microwave trucks, our satellite truck, and liveU backpack units.
– Will need to run live shots for talent.
– Will be trained on operating a drone for the station.
– Bachelors degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field required.
– At least 3 years of experience in a TV newsroom.
– Proven producing and videography skills required.
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.