President and General Manager-14687
WXIA (11Alive), the TEGNA-owned NBC affiliate in Atlanta, Georgia, is searching for a creative and strategic leader to be president and general manager. As the captain of this renowned station in America’s 6th-largest television market, the GM will steer the team’s long-term multimedia vision in a rapidly changing broadcast and digital landscape. The top candidate will be a master recruiter with a proven track record of attracting high-performing leaders and building strong collaborative cultures. The GM is responsible for achieving financial goals and driving innovation. The position reports to the executive vice president of TEGNA media operations.
• Responsible for overall success of the station, with full accountability for content, sales, brand and operations across all platforms.
• Develops short, intermediate and long-range revenue and audience strategies to grow market share and engagement across platforms
• Designs and delivers programming that drives ratings and revenue growth strategies to maximize profit opportunities with the core business and new media business
• Works directly with the sales organization and clients to provide successful customer solutions
• Develops and manages the annual budgets, including accurate forecasting
• Identifies and delivers opportunities to grow multi-platform content and distribution capabilities
• Provides leadership in the community and builds relationships with advertisers, viewers and customers
• Develops skills of direct reports; builds a cohesive and accountable team
• Bachelor’s degree in journalism, business or related field and 7+ years of strong performance in a leadership position with a multimedia company
• Experience building high-performing & diverse teams, developing staff, and fostering a culture of care & excellence
• Proven track record of successful leadership, innovation and goal achievement
• Top-notch critical thinking skills and data-driven decision-making capability
• Excellent judgment, role model, and community leader
• Demonstrated mastery of planning, prioritizing and achieving financial and strategic objectives
• Immersed in digital strategies and regularly engages with digital products
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information. TEGNA complies with all applicable laws related to accommodations.