Part Time Digital Producer
The Digital Producer will be responsible for generating news content for the heritage News-Talk radio station WSB. This individual will work under the direction and parameters of the Digital Content Manager and in harmony with the Digital Content Team at Cox Media Group Atlanta. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of news as it relates to digital and be able to exhibit sound judgement while working in a high-pressure environment with impeccable attention to detail and accuracy. Being first with alerts, social postings and content is an expectation, as is finding and posting potentially viral user generated content. This is not a ‘work from home’ position. In addition this individual could occasionally be asked to assist with Digital projects outside of the parameters of news. A flexible schedule is a MUST with the ability to work evenings / nights / weekends / holidays.
• Write and adapt broadcast content for website, working in conjunction with the WSB Radio news department to ensure continuity with coverage.
• Create engaging content on social media outlets and other web platforms that draw the audience to the website and radio station.
• Participate in the creative development and technical implementation of online content for the website.
• Work collaboratively with the Digital Team and News Department to meet performance goals.
• Be available to work all shifts including weekdays in addition to weekends and holidays
• Other duties as assigned.
• Have sound news judgment
• Excellent creative writing and communication skills
• Ability to recognize stories with potential and develop them into compelling content
• Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast paced environment
• Passion to excel and win
• Attention to detail including impeccable spelling and grammar skills
• Able to collaborate with teammates and work individually
• A solid understanding of social media and social media metrics
• Applicants should have at least 2 years of related experience (website development, publication or production and reporting).
• Degree in Journalism, Social Media, Digital Communication, or related field is preferred
• Must be news/business social media savvy and focused
•MUST be willing to work all shifts including weekends and holidays
To apply for this job please visit jobs.coxmediagroup.com.