Georgia Association of Broadcasters (GAB), the official trade association of the state’s more than 400 radio and television stations, is seeking an Office Coordinator for its Atlanta-based headquarters.
The ideal candidate exudes professionalism at all times, as he or she will often serve as the first point of contact for members, partners, vendors, and the general public.
This position is an integral part of a small office that consists of four full-time employees, three contractors and a variety of professional service organizations that all work in tandem to ensure the strength and longevity of Georgia’s broadcaster community.
- Maintain effective filing system with emphasis on electronic record keeping using Microsoft Office and Filemaker Pro.
- Record affidavits, member profile information, invoices, and payments into association database on a regular basis.
- Support fellow team members with various administrative tasks in the areas of sales, communications, special events, and accounting.
- Ensure continuous office operations including, but not limited to overseeing the maintenance of all office technology and sourcing of office supplies.
- Prepare winning sales presentations for prospective partners in coordination with the director of sales.
- Produce monthly, quarterly and annual reports for partners and the GAB board of directors.
- Record and prepare minutes for quarterly board and monthly committee meetings throughout the year.
- Keep track of internal association calendars, including board meetings, events, deadlines, and travel of office staff.
- Manage vendor relationships and subscriptions for various services provided to the organization.
- Identify opportunities for improvement of office procedures and policies that will increase the efficiency of the organization and the overall quality of member services.
- Other duties as assigned
The office coordinator will work closely with other team members in order to streamline current processes, such as invoicing sponsors, processing insertion orders, and generating monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for our partners and board of directors. The ideal candidate will thrive on bringing order to chaos and excel in identifying opportunities for efficiency improvements.
Whether over the phone, via email, or in person, the office coordinator is the first impression many people have of the GAB. He or she will consistently, positively, and professionally represent the association to our members and board of directors, as well as to our the partners who fund the GAB, elected officials at the state and federal level, and the general public who depend on broadcasters for news, emergency information, entertainment, and culture.
The office coordinator must quickly understand the nature and scope of issues as they arise and ensure that such issues are directed to the proper team member, contractor or professional service organization, and then resolved in a timely manner.
This individual is the first person to arrive at the GAB office each and every weekday. Because of this, they must be able to anticipate, identify, and prioritize tasks and projects. Often multiple priorities must be juggled simultaneously and effectively in order to ensure the continued smooth operation of the office.
- Apple OSX
- Microsoft Office
- Google Drive
- FileMaker Pro
- Adobe Acrobat
- PBX Phone Systems
- Multi-Function Copiers
- Quickbooks Pro (ideal, but not required)
Interests in broadcasting and/or government relations, while ideal, are not requirements for this position.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.