OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
Fox Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 29 stations in 18 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Seattle.
The News Trainee will learn the basics of television news writing and newscast producing in preparation for full-time regular employment at a broadcast station.
- Write scripts for FOX 5 Atlanta newscasts as assigned by newsroom producers and managers
- Write and coordinate reporter live shots and live talk-back interviews
- Build graphic elements for news broadcasts under deadline
- Assist in control room during newscasts
- Assist with digital responsibilities including creating web stories and social posts on multiple platforms
- Assist assignment editors by monitoring incoming e-mail, monitoring scanners, answering telephones and performing other duties as directed by newsroom managers and staff
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person and over the phone
- Learn newsroom computer system post hire
- Basic computer skills are required
College degree preferably in Journalism or Broadcasting, and be a recent graduate (within one year or less).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.