OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
FOX 5 Atlanta is looking for a highly motivated Reporter who has passion for the media industry. The Reporter gathers information, edits, prepares, writes, and disseminates general news information and video on the air, online and on social media.
- Uses contacts and sources to cultivate story ideas daily, and is an active participant in the news editorial planning process
- Interviews subjects in the field and gathers news information for the purpose of producing packaged news reports and generating other content for newscasts and digital platforms
- Presents stories live in studio and on remote locations, assuming responsibility for the final content and presentation
- Writes effective text copy for digital publication of news stories
- Actively contributes to social media accounts on platforms including Twitter, Facebook and Instagram on behalf of the station
- Travels on overnight assignments and uses file-based video systems designed to deliver material to the station via computer while on assignment
- Makes occasional promotional appearances on behalf of the station and communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person, over the phone and via the Internet.
- Establishes and maintains a leadership role within the station
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Must possess strong writing skills, be proficient in English grammar, spelling and punctuation and must be able to utilize conversational broadcast copy style efficiently under daily deadline pressure
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Excellent on-camera delivery and communication skills required
- Able to make independent editorial decisions in the field
- Able to prioritize and work under daily deadline pressure
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in a related field preferred. Two years of experience as a reporter at a commercial television station preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.