OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
NEW PHOTOGRAPHER (R50022386)
FOX 5 Atlanta is seeking a highly motivated News Photographer. The Photographer shoots video, gathers information and interviews in the field; edits video content for broadcast; shoots live remotes as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Shoots video, audio and stills in the field, newsroom and studio
- Collects information and obtains interviews at the scene of news events
- Edits news stories on deadline in the field and in the newsroom
- Contributes to station website and social media channels with information, stills and video
- Operates audio, video and live transmission equipment for live remote broadcasts
- Maintains equipment assigned and keeps it clean and operational
- Alerts supervisors about needed repairs
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Skilled in video photography and editing on deadline
- Communicate clearly and deal effectively/politely with the public, public officials and staff
- Computer literate
- Must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
A Bachelor’s degree from a four year college or university preferred. Three years of experience as a photojournalist or equivalent in the news department of a commercial television station. The ability to write and produce packaged reports for air and digital platforms is a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.