News Director- WFXG
WFXG is looking for a News Director.
Company Conformance Statements
In the performance of their respective tasks and duties all employees are expected to conform to the following:
Perform quality work within deadlines with or without direct supervision.
Interact professionally with other employees, customers and suppliers.
Work effectively as a team contributor on all assignments.
Work independently while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
Oversee editorial content and direction of all news platforms current and future, hiring/training of news personnel
- Develop and execute competitive vision for all news platforms that grows ratings, revenue and engagement.
- Responsible for day-to-day editorial and content decisions on all current and emerging news platforms (tv, web/mobile, social).
- Respond aggressively to breaking news and severe weather.
- Hire and train personnel for all news positions and hold staff accountable to professional standards.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales and engineering departments to develop and execute plans that help achieve station goals.
- Complete administrative tasks accurately and in a timely fashion with respect to corporate deadlines (i.e. timesheets, recruiting documentation, etc.).
- Communicate frequently with General Manager on status of projects, etc.
- Must be willing to work in Augusta, Georgia.
- Must have journalism or communications degree
- Must have at least 10 years industry experience with at least 2 in a middle management role
Special Position Requirements
Must be able to sit at a desk for long periods of time. Must be willing to respond to news issues as they arise.
Lockwood Broadcast Group and WFXG-TV FOX 54 provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. Pre-employment drug test is required along with a background screen as allowed by federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
To apply for this job please visit wfxg.com.