OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations owns and operates 29 full power broadcast television stations in the U.S. These include stations located in 14 of the top 15 largest designated market areas, or DMAs, and duopolies in 11 DMAs, including the three largest DMAs (New York, Los Angeles and Chicago). Of these stations, 18 are affiliated with the FOX Network. In addition to distributing sports, entertainment and syndicated content, our television stations collectively produce approximately 1,200 hours of local news every week. These stations leverage viewer, distributor and advertiser demand for the FOX Network’s national content.
The Meteorologist gathers and presents weather information for broadcast, digital and social channels. Plays an active role in producing weather content and coverage of significant weather events. Maintains weather computer systems, and develops new graphics and presentation styles to take full advantage of the systems’ capabilities.
- Gathers, prepares and presents weather information for broadcast/digital/social platforms
- Constantly monitors for the possibility of severe/significant weather
- Works a flexible schedule to support coverage of significant weather events
- Stays abreast of developments in television weather technology
- Produces computer generated graphics, animations, and radar images for incorporation into on-air and digital weather reports using FOX 5’s weather graphics systems
- Actively contributes to social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, using both station and individual talent accounts
- Produces and presents reports from the field, both live and pre-produced, on weather-related topics as assigned
- Makes recommendations to the News Director and News Operations Manager regarding hardware and software upgrades
- Makes promotional appearances on behalf of the station and communicates clearly, effectively and politely with the public in person, over the phone and via digital channels
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously incorporating appropriate visual elements under daily deadline pressure
- Strong organizational skills
- Well developed skills in the areas of meteorology and television news with a keen sense of what makes “good television”
- Learn to use the newsroom’s computer system and weather graphics hardware and software post hire
- Proficient in English grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in meteorology or related science preferred. Broadcast television weather anchor experience required.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
At FOX, we foster a culture and environment where everyone feels welcome and can thrive. We are deeply committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion, including attracting, retaining, and promoting diverse talent across our company. We live in a diverse world, with different ideas and different perspectives that come together to spark new ideas and make great things happen. That means reflecting the diversity of the world around us is critical to our company’s success. We ensure that our viewers, communities and employees feel heard, represented, and celebrated both on screen and off.
Click here to learn more about the diverse communities of people behind our brands.
To apply for this job please visit fox.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com.