Master Control Operator
If you are an experienced Master Control Operator and looking to be challenged, working for the #1 station in Atlanta.
The Master Control Operator will be primarily responsible for monitoring the on air signal (video/audio), ensuring overall quality of scheduled elements and confirming the on-air accuracy of the Traffic log against the automation playlist.
Operate master control equipment and monitor video/audio quality with high reliability for multiple network services for 24/7 broadcast facility. Perform checks of Traffic-generated broadcast log and automation playlist. Provide documentation of abnormal operational occurrences and/or on-air discrepancies.
• Well versed on Broadcast operations and procedural requirements to confirm accuracy and on-air readiness of scheduled material by checking the Traffic log and automation playlist. Notify appropriate personnel of any discrepancies regarding said material prior to air.
• Prior experience in a Master Control environment with 2 years of experience in a similar position is a must.
• Minimum AA/AS (college) degree required; Bachelors’ degree in Communication, Radio/TV/Film or an equivalent combination of skills (trade school) preferred.
• Strong communication skills, proactive, well-organized and detail-oriented.
Tools and Technology:
• Imagine automation.
• Imagine Nexio Transmission servers.
• Non-linear processes and linear media.
• File base delivery and receiving
• Cloud services.
• Operational knowledge of Windows software.
Work on special projects, as needed.
About Cox Media Group
Cox Media Group is an integrated broadcasting, publishing, direct marketing and digital media company. The company’s operations currently include broadcast television stations, radio stations, daily newspapers and non-daily publications; and digital sites and services, likeClark.com, Dawg Nation, SEC Country, Hookem.com, Mundo Hispanico, Southern Kitchen and Diehards. Additionally, CMG operates the National Advertising Platform businesses of CoxReps – the country’s biggest television rep firm – Gamut, and Videa. For more information about Cox Media Group, please check us out online at www.coxmediagroup.com.
Cox is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer – All qualified applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment without regard to that individual’s age, race, color, religion or creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity, citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.
: Cox Media Group
: US-GA-Atlanta-1601 W Peachtree St NE
: Individual Contributor
: Variable –
To apply for this job please visit www.coxmediagroup.com.