Public Broadcasting Atlanta (PBA) is a non-profit organization formally called Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc. (AETC). As a broadcast service, PBA is comprised of WABE90.1FM, WPBA-TV30 and the digital service Atlanta PlanIt. For more information on the broadcast service, programming and opportunities, please visit www.wabe.org
Public Broadcasting Atlanta is seeking a Marketing Manager to work across properties and projects at WABE (Atlanta’s NPR station) and ATL PBA (Atlanta’s PBS station). We are looking for someone who has either worked in an agency (advertising, digital, custom content solutions, pr) or in the media industry; someone who is strategic, analytical, creative, and collaborative, with strong communication skills (written and verbal). This person will be in charge of all marketing support across key initiatives for the organization including public-facing content, internal promotion, and fundraising initiatives.
- Create and manage the ideation and execution of multi-faceted marketing initiatives for new and existing content ranging from broadcast (radio and television) programming to podcasts and digital initiatives
- Create and manage paid social campaigns to support fundraising efforts as well as content initiatives
- Support promotion of educational initiatives in conjunction with [insert Alita’s title here] • Support promotion of community events and fundraising/donor events.
- Assist with email marketing products for pledge campaigns and generate outreach products to engage with station membership.
- Support the strategic development of custom content solutions for sponsorship/underwriting • Assess partnership requests for their strategic value and make data and insight-driven recommendations to management
- Develop and manage internal promotional support tools and processes to leverage in-house marketing assets (radio, tv, digital and social promotion, e-newsletters)
- Work closely with internal and external partners to establish and nurture relationships • Manage budgets
- Design and analyze market research and develop strategic and tactical POVs to translate into marketing and branding strategies
- Establish, track and communicate KPIs to senior management
- Performs other duties as assigned Accomplishes all tasks as appropriately assigned or requested. • Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in marketing and project management in a fast-paced, multifaceted environment; media company experience preferred
740 Bismark Road NE wabe.org Atlanta, GA 30324 atlantapba.org 678-686-0321 atlantaplanit.wabe.org
A member supported service of the Atlanta Public Schools · Managed by the Atlanta Educational Telecommunications Collaborative, Inc.
Atlanta’s NPR and PBS Stations
PUBLIC BROADCASTING ATLANTA
- Experience creating and running paid social media marketing campaigns (Facebook primarily) • Experience creating and running SEM campaigns
- Experience creating and running email marketing campaigns
- Experience in podcast promotion
What makes for an ideal candidate:
- Record of developing marketing strategies that include positioning statements, providing creative direction to graphic designers and writing compelling copy
- Data-based examples of how you’ve built a strategy and audience
- Experience leading cross-channel partnerships from development to implementation • Balance of creative and analytical thinking
- Ability to move between broad macro goals and tactical implementation • Strong analytical skills and record of prompting and executing key analyses with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated commitment to detail
- Nimble, flexible and strategic
- Self-starter adept at building project timelines
- Relationship-builder comfortable working with a wide range of internal and external partners • Strong belief in a communicative, transparent and collaborative culture.
- A passion for the mission of public media as embodied in WABE and ATL PBA’s product and brand
Work Environment & Physical Demands: The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 5 lbs.), filing documents or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Position, at least initially, will be located off-site in accordance with station policy on off-site work for most staff in response to coronavirus. Candidates must be willing and able to work from home but provide their own transportation to the station once off-site work conditions are lifted.
Submit resume and cover letter to:
Public Broadcasting Atlanta
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.wabe.org .