WGCL-TV, a Meredith station, is searching for a Maintenance Engineer to join its team of highly qualified, dedicated engineering staff. The Maintenance Engineer repairs and maintains all mechanical and electronic equipment within the broadcast facility, as well as remote microwave sites, mobile production, and ENG/SNG vehicles. This position provides support and repair for Broadcast IT systems, repairs video production and master control switchers, video and IP routers, transport stream encoders, video servers, studio cameras, ENG cameras, video monitors, UHF transmitters, microwave transmitters and receivers, intercom and IFB systems, audio production boards, graphics production equipment, computers, and other electronic equipment generally associated with a multi-station, state of the art broadcast television operation. The ideal candidate will review and maintain system design documents and drawings, provide routine maintenance on broadcast systems and provide a service oriented demeanor to other departments within the television station. The position will require nights and weekends and occasional holiday scheduling as well as on-call support.
Five years experience maintaining technical equipment in a television broadcast or post-production facility preferred.
Must possess mid-level experience and knowledge of computers, servers, data infrastructure including Ethernet and fiber in support of IP and communications protocols, and computer operating systems (Xp, Windows 7, Server 2008, etc).
Education: Associate degree in Electronics or Computer Science, or equivalent training and/or experience.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to install and configure computer hardware and software, and troubleshoot computer-related problems in support of Broadcast specific technology.
- Ability to communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Must possess a positive work attitude, a strong work ethic, and ability to work well with others.
- Ability to prioritize and make changes to work plans without loss of efficiency or composure.
- Ability to make well-informed decisions quickly while under pressure.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule in support of a 24x7x365 Broadcast operation.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
% Travel Required (Approximate): <5%
We are always on the lookout for bright, creative talent to be part of the Meredith team.
Visit us today at: