Long Form Video Editor
WABE Studios is looking to hire a talented and experienced Video Editor to join our Multiplatform team. As an editor, you will be responsible for assembling, processing, and editing video content, applying artistic editing techniques and creating finished, broadcast-worthy projects that accurately reflect the vision of the series. The ideal candidate has previous video editor experience in a fast-paced production company, broadcast environment, or post-production facility. They are motivated storytellers who is flexible, highly organized, and can adapt quickly to changing goals and objectives.
- Use Adobe Premiere and AVID to edit episodic television and short-form content for WABE TV, PBS Passport, WABE.org and any digital or social platform
- Create and organize projects from scratch
- Ingest footage and elements from studio tapings, and group multi-cam footage
- Transcode footage of all formats from various sources
- Review raw material and selecting the best bites and shots to tell a compelling story
- Trim footage and putting together the rough project
- Create all motion graphic elements using After Effects and Photoshop
- Insert dialog, sound effects, music, graphics, and special effects
- Take notes and direction from producers and post supervisors to implement feedback quickly.
- Meet daily deadlines
- Self-manage projects assets from the cloud archive and maintain organized project structures
- Adhere to technical SOPs and delivering final cuts to broadcast
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English
- Strong storytelling capabilities
- Ability to work independently whilst contributing to overall team goals
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a video editor in a production company, broadcast environment, or post-production facility
- An eye and mindset for storytelling
- A strong feel for how sound and music help tell a story.
- Highly organized with good technical & broadcast knowledge
- Exceptional attention to detail and an artistic sense
- Proactive and flexible approach to work; comfortable with changing goals and objectives
- Asset management experience
- Excellent knowledge of video editing software (AVID, Premiere, etc)
- Knowledge of graphic design tools and Adobe suites
The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required (up to 20 lbs.), filing documents, recording equipment, laptop, or store materials throughout the workday. Proper lifting techniques required. For the most part ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment. Candidates must be willing and able to commute to work and in the field sites.
For consideration, submit cover letter and resume to:
Attention: Human Resources
740 Bismark Rd. NE
Atlanta, GA 30324
Apply online at: www.wabe.org
To apply for this job please visit www.alumnihall.com.