Website iHeart Media Inc.
Are you ready to join the newest morning show in Atlanta? If you are creating compelling content for on – air, podcasting and social platforms we are looking for you. If your desire to win at the highest level knows no bounds we would like to talk to you. Make Atlanta your new home.
- Performs news, talk, music, comedic or other format shows or program for broadcast entertainment.
- Establishes relationship with listeners by providing entertainment and/or information of interest consistent with format, genre, and targeted demographic audience. Knowledge and passion for Country Lifestyle helpful
- Interviews guests, moderates debates, converses with callers, and hosts live events.
- Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeartMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
- Prepares for an air shift using creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting on-air material.
- Ensures logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired.
- Maintains a website personality page and accounts on all social platforms as well as distributing content on station social media page
- Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
- Makes regular approved appearances at paid and non-paid station events; serves as ambassador for the radio station(s) when out in public.
- Executes only the interviews and events on air that are approved by Program Director; follows designated show format.
- Assists with voice over and production of paid and non-paid spots required to run on the station.
- Serves as primary creative voice and directs support staff of show.
- Researches and gains knowledge of subject matter that facilitates speaking extemporaneously and providing immediate non-scripted analysis/commentary.
- Finalizes content using digital audio editing software.
- Prepares written content, visual images, audio material and video footage for websites, blogs, or other social media platforms.
- Checks studio equipment for proper functioning and notifies Engineering of technical malfunctions affecting quality of the broadcast.
- Handles emergency inserts (e.g. news updates and breaking stories, emergencies, alert system tests, etc.); is on call for possible disasters, breaking news, or acts of nature.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiar with NexGen, Vox Pro, and Pro Tools
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
- 3+ years of on-air radio experience required
- Audio demo of on-air interviews, commentary, announcements, etc.
- 4-year college degree, preferably in Communications or Broadcast Journalism
- None required
Atlanta, GA: 1819 Peachtree Road NE, Suites: 210, 605, 700, 30309
iHeartMedia’s benefits offering is flexible and offers a variety of choices to meet the diverse needs of our changing workforce, including the following:
- Employer sponsored medical, dental and vision with a variety of coverage options
- Company provided and supplemental life insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
- Paid company holidays, including a floating holiday that enable our employees to celebrate the holiday of their choosing
- A Spirit day to encourage and allow our employees to more easily volunteer in their community
- A 401K plan
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) at no cost – services include telephonic counseling sessions, consultation on legal and financial matters, emotional well-being, family and caregiving
- A range of additional voluntary programs, such as spending accounts, student loan refinancing, accident insurance and more!
The Company is an equal opportunity employer and will not tolerate discrimination in employment on the basis of race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, disability, ethnicity, national origin, marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected classification or status.
Some positions in certain divisions of the iHeartMedia family of companies are subject to mandatory vaccination requirements as a condition of employment. Candidates who have been offered employment for these positions at iHeartMedia, subject to applicable law, will be required to demonstrate they have been fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for a medical or religious accommodation from the vaccination requirement by their start date (which may be extended for such purposes). If the aforementioned requirements are not met, candidates who have accepted offers for such positions will have their offers rescinded and/or employment terminated in accordance with applicable law.
Our organization participates in E-Verify.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply for this job please visit iheartmedia.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com.