Gray Television is a leading media company that owns and operates high-quality stations in 113 television markets that collectively reach 36 percent of US television households.
We constantly strive for excellence. Through upgrading to the latest technology and seeking new ways to stay on top in our markets, we focus on training and development of the best and brightest employees in the business.
WANF (previously WGCL/CBS46) has served Atlanta communities for more than 50 years with local news, weather, sports, and entertainment. WANF & WPCH are owned by Gray Television, headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Would you like to work in the #6 market in a city with a thriving economy and a vibrant culture? WANF and WPCH provide the community with award-winning local news coverage, dedicated community service, and effective marketing solutions for area businesses. Come to Atlanta for the opportunity. The energy…the chance to dream where there’s space to contribute. Where creatives, universities, entrepreneurs, and the world’s biggest brands intersect. Atlanta has a unique culture all its own with a young population, a bustling city center packed with urban parks and amenities, and famously walkable neighborhoods.
Atlanta News First is looking to hire a part-time host for our new lifestyle program launching in 2024. The part-time host will be a well-rounded journalist who can connect with the community. Strong ad-libbing skills and proven experience as an on-air personality are required. The position is for a “people person” who can identify relevant and trending topics, connect with our guests and audience, and generate engaging lifestyle content daily. The ideal candidate will have a great lifestyle news sense, experience with Content Management Systems, and experience working with clients and the community. We are looking for someone who displays professionalism and personality, on and off the air.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Provide on-camera contributions to a daily television show
• Pitching local story ideas for the show
• Assisting the Producer with writing show segments
• Maintaining a show social media account and assisting with all online content for website
• Interviewing show guests/clients both in-studio and on-location
• Research and present stories on the air
• Greeting and assisting guests during show preparations
• Researching show topics and developing questions for guests in coordination with Producer
• Participating in events –either station-sponsored or others – to promote the show
• Closely working with sales team and executive producer on sponsored content
• Must have the ability to stay up to date on current events, what’s popular, trendy, etc.
• Proven experience as a host or on-air personality
• Resume reel required
• Ability to lift and carry equipment including tripod, camera, and lights
• Ability to produce content in the field independently
• Strong ad-libbing and interview skills
• Ability to prioritize and address multiple projects with varying production timelines
• Must be energetic, positive, and great in a team environment
• Must be a highly motivated self-starter, able to work well alone and as part of a team
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
Interested, qualified applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your cover letter, resume, and references (include demo link of work)
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
WANF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Gray Television complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, and transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gray Television expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Gray’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on “apply now”, upload your resume, cover letter and references.